1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

RL Crocs

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oldskool, Apr 18, 2005.

1. oldskool

oldskool Well-Known Member

I used the combined weekend 10% sale + another 15% off - total 23.5% off (I got a coupon with that bluefly 'win a porsche' game) for these... ( already think I will return them...)what do you all think? With a croc belt... and a nice suit? Too much?? I like the look when I see it... don't know if it's cool or not. croc & gator belts very popular in nyc. ~$500 all in. I know they will age well and be cool as vintage. http://www.bluefly.com/pages....duct+ID

2. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

I usually don't like "exotic" shoes but like these. Nicely rounded toe. Classic penny loafer. Brown. Matte finish. They don't seem flashy or ostentatious. I'd keep 'em.

3. policy

policy Active Member

Definite Thumbs up. I wish they had larger sizes [​IMG]

4. tgfny

tgfny Well-Known Member

To Boot usually has similar alligator loafers at their warehouse sale for $350 or so if you live in NYC.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I like them, but I think they were still a tad too pricey considering what Ebay often has to offer. Grapevinehill just got another shipment of Ralph Lauren shoes including many alligator laceups. But, if you like them, keep them. They are nice.

6. bch

bch Well-Known Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but to my eye...not good. Doubly not good with a suit. I don't care what they wear in NYC.

7. oldskool

oldskool Well-Known Member

Well, I got them. Too tight, bummer b/c they are very nice. If you have a size 9 foot, I recomend the 10. Returned.