1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ringtones

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by SGladwell, Apr 4, 2006.

1. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

2. Psyren

Psyren Well-Known Member

Thanks, downloaded that.

3. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Ringtones seem so passÃ[​IMG]. Anyone who invested in ringtone companies must be feeling retarded now -- who the hell buys ringtones these days?

I have all of my life savings invested in various ringtone companies. IS THIS A BAD IDEA?

4. origenesprit

origenesprit Well-Known Member

"Call and Answer" by the Barenaked Ladies

5. spencers

spencers Well-Known Member

Normal ringers: One is from Apple iMovie that they didn't incorporate into the iphone The other is waaay back from The OC tv show, Sandy's ringtone. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2yz1myyykqo edit: These are iPhone ringtones (m4r format). Don't ask me how to convert them to use with your piddly blackberry.

6. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Well-Known Member

I use Axel F's Theme from Beverly Hills Cop...makes for an awesome ringtone.

7. modsquad

modsquad Well-Known Member

I use Axel F's Theme from Beverly Hills Cop...makes for an awesome ringtone.

In the film "The Other Network" aspiring actress Amy Poehler is working as a personal assistant to Judge Reinhold who was at his pinnacle when he made Beverly Hills Cop and whose career ever since has been deader than King Tut. One of her jobs is to figure out how to program Axel F Theme into Judge's cell phone as a nostalgic reminder of better times. Judge gives her the order with one of my all time favorite lines. "C'mon," he says, "you can do it easy. It sounds like it was written on the cell phone."

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Normal ringers: One is from Apple iMovie that they didn't incorporate into the iphone The other is waaay back from The OC tv show, Sandy's ringtone. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2yz1myyykqo edit: These are iPhone ringtones (m4r format). Don't ask me how to convert them to use with your piddly blackberry.
    Thanks. I'm using the normal one.

9. J'aimelescravates

J'aimelescravates Well-Known Member

One word for you and it's the same one your wife likes: Vibrate.

Ringtones are obnoxious.

10. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

11. Britalian

Britalian Well-Known Member

I use either SE "Old Phone" or my own three-note fast repeat composition and either is always on a medium volume at the most.
    All pop music, baby laughs, novelty rings etc are highly irritating and immature. Stop invading public space with your vulgar tastes. The people who then let their pop music rings go on simply to hear it should be defenestrated along with their phones.
    Rant over.

12. wootx

wootx Well-Known Member

My phone moos.

But I'm seriously considering a more sober alternative after I recevied a call during an argument I was having with a police officer.

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

Currently, my default ringtone is the Imperial March from Star Wars. Except I never get to actually hear it because a) my phone is usually on vibrate and b) I never really get any calls. My phone makes noises like R2D2 when I get a text.

14. Gallardo2501

Gallardo2501 Well-Known Member

While at work the phone is set to vibrate, my clients should feel that they are the only person in the world when I deal with them. Other then that I've got the Final Fantasy 7 Victory song on right now. It's distinctive and moderately obnoxious.

15. J.T. Thunderbird

J.T. Thunderbird Well-Known Member

My ringtone is Leave Me Alone (Michael Jackson).

Ironically enough, I don't get many calls nowadays.

16. BP348

BP348 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find the Godzilla roar for a ringtone?

17. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Well-Known Member

Mine is Schumacher coming out of a chicane. I don't know when it was recorded or what engine he was using at the time. I believe it's from when they first went back to the V8 engines. It sounds delicious! You can hear this "whrrrrrRRRR... ping... whhrrrrrRRRR... ping... whrrrrrrRRRR... ping..." as it moves through the gears.

18. cretaceous_cretin

cretaceous_cretin Well-Known Member

Air raid attack siren (as opposed to "all clear" siren). Drives people nutz.

19. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

Currently, my default ringtone is the Imperial March from Star Wars. Except I never get to actually hear it because a) my phone is usually on vibrate and b) I never really get any calls.

My phone makes noises like R2D2 when I get a text.

Get the FUCK OUT! lol Thats the exact setup that I had with my BB, then I got the iphone and I cant do the whole text tone unless I unlock it.

Well its good to know that there is one other person on the forum that likes starwars, at least I am assuming that you do.

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I use one that I find annoying so it forces me to pick up my phone as quick as possible, so I can turn it of.