1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ridiculous s**t you have done for money.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Well-Known Member

I once had to deliver project revisions to an Army Colonel, while he was getting a suit fitted at Burberry's. It was plain silly (and frankly a little humiliating), since it wasn't urgent or anything. But the guy was obviously thrilled, having a twenty-something girl in a mini-skirt bring stuff to him in that setting. In retrospect, I'm glad to have contributed to his little moment in the sun. [​IMG]

Pics or it didn't happen.

2. rubylith

rubylith Active Member

Sorry man, no camera phones in 1994.

3. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Sorry man, no camera phones in 1994.

Then how about a reenactment? [​IMG]

4. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

My very first job was being the Easter Bunny at a mall when I was 15.

5. rubylith

rubylith Active Member

Then how about a reenactment? [​IMG]

If the man's not dead by now, I'll see what I can do. lol

6. mcpaul

mcpaul Well-Known Member

In college, I was in one of those "Let go' my GEO" contests to see who would be the last man standing while holding onto a Geo. I made it through the first night, froze my butt off, probably gave myself uro-myce-tisis poisoning (Seinfeld reference) and dropped out the next day at about 11am due to delirium. However I didn't end up with the car in the end, but it was some crazy 'shit' that I'll never do again. Does this count?

7. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Washed cars, in the pouring rain.

Watched a guy make copies at 2 AM. And someone else was being paid to watch me watch the guy make copies to make sure I didn't fall asleep.

8. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

I taught English to Japanese stewardesses for five years.

9. lakewolf

lakewolf Well-Known Member

ridiculous s**t I have done for money ?

I do it everyday from monday to friday.

I wake up early, come to this place and have to stay here at least 8 hours doing all kinds of life-empty senseless stuff...

Buy they pay me a hell of a lot of money for that.

--- go figure

10. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

I taught English to Japanese stewardesses for five years.

poor you.[​IMG]

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Sell piddling pieces of fabric to strange men over the internet.

12. Manic

Manic Active Member

I worked in TV news for 10 years.... 4 years of that I was an "info-tainment" reporter.... nuff said

One of my first nights on shift as a firefighter, I spent 2 hours in -35c (-31f) weather looking for a hobo's severed arm.

13. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

poor you.[​IMG]

You try maintaining a "professional distance" from mouth-wateringly gorgeous girls who are flirting with you while you teach them mind-numbingly boring grammar patterns that never amount to a coherent much less stimulating conversation, all for a paltry salary, negligible job satisfaction, and zero respect, and try telling me that's a sweet job.

14. Manic

Manic Active Member

You try maintaining a "professional distance" from mouth-wateringly gorgeous girls who are flirting with you while you teach them mind-numbingly boring grammar patterns that never amount to a coherent much less stimulating conversation, all for a paltry salary, negligible job satisfaction, and zero respect, and try telling me that's a sweet job.

In a situation like that, "professional distance" and job satisfaction don't go together.

It's one or the other.

I would've dropped the "professional distance" and went straight for job satisfaction. Over, and over again. [​IMG]

15. lakewolf

mind-numbing boring grammar ? English ? Yes you are right! English is the poorest language in the grammar department...

try to learn or teach a Slavic language... I learned Slovak.... 7 gramatical cases, declension of adverbs, nouns and adjectives by gender ( 3 of them), number and gramatical mode.... Now that is a grammar ...

16. TheHoff

TheHoff Well-Known Member

gender ( 3 of them)

Somewhere in NYC, Ed's ears perked up.

17. lakewolf

And now that I am going out with a Polish girl, this girl-related language interest of mine will make me learn Polish...

I should start a thread called "Ridiculous s**t you have done for pu**y" [​IMG]

18. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

I used to buy a lot of dip and cigarettes for 15 and 16 year olds.

19. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

[​IMG] well I would think it would be a great place to get phone numbers... [​IMG]

20. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Well-Known Member

I receive a , chancellorship from the Tweed industry to, post on men's clothing, message boards (foris).