1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roy, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

:)

2. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Well-Known Member

Think Riccardo and his team goes on holiday next week, so they have been finishing a lot of shoes recently, it seems from his tumblr. Here's my new pair, inspired by John Lobb Paris St. Crepin 2008 and Mafteis similar model (don't know which of them were first), on my modified Almond toe last (toe rounded of a bit). Looking forward to receiving them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. MightnMagic

MightnMagic Well-Known Member

:brick: now I understand it is not very good to order a pair of Bestetti as an individual I should have followed your guide strictly :cry: after almost 2 months I still haven't got my test shoes

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  4. C&A

C&A Well-Known Member

I'm positive @Punt managed to order without the buyers guide.

5. j ingevaldsson

I think they have a lot of work ATM, so don't think that over 2 months for test shoes is that rare. The waiting time is long, but it will hopefully be worth it. Not sure how my buyer's guide could help you to have a shorter waiting time?

1 person likes this.
  6. MightnMagic

MightnMagic Well-Known Member

Um, I mean order from a company would be given higher priority?

7. j ingevaldsson

Ah ok! I didn't think that I wrote about that in the buyer's guide, just in the article about that the store Spiga 3 should start selling his shoes :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  8. C&A

C&A Well-Known Member

9. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Nope ordered direct, no guides, no problems... Got 99 problems but the shoes ain't one :)

(although I guess J has 100 problems at the moment)..

Love the adjusted almond last!

Test shoes can take some time, but give it time as it is key to find the right fit..!!

All good things take time ;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  10. j ingevaldsson

C&A: Changes in shape that he has done is the toe and that he rounded of the heel shape a bit, so it's more like an even round shape than the standard drop shape. For fit I know he made it wider at the inner ball area and on the outside of the foot, lowered the instep a bit and possibly some more minor changes.

Here's a pic from when he altered it for the first pair. Left last is the original almond toe, and the right is modified. For my second pair we did some minor changes mainly to the right foot, and also the heels:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  11. grc1

grc1 Well-Known Member

:inlove:

12. j ingevaldsson

Cheers!

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

I love how you can modify the lasts. Did you visit in person or consulted with RB by email/phone?

14. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I met him a few times, hence my shoes are on my own bespoke last.. After two shoes I decide to go more round, which resulted in what you see above :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  15. j ingevaldsson

For my first order I was just in contact with him via mail, and took measurements and pics of feet and al according to his instructions. I did meet him when I placed my second order though, but as mentioned he just looked and felt the shoes a bit and we decided on some minor changes.

16. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

Leffot just announced their Fall trunk shows...

RICCARDO IS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

so sweet...i will see him then to perfect the fit on my 3 pairs of novecentos that he is working on.

(also 2 months is not bad wait time for test shoes...i waited 7 or 8 weeks...and it was all worth it)

1 person likes this.
  17. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

That's good and bad news. Let's hope they don't cockblock US customer orders.

18. j ingevaldsson

It's just a guest appearance, Leffot won't stock Bestetti, at least not for now. So don't think it will be a problem with direct orders for US customers.

19. C&A

C&A Well-Known Member

Still, I guess there will be a price difference between what you pay at Leffot and when you order direct from Riccardo? Why would they do a one off only? Aren't they really considering bringing him back more often, or carrying his rtw/mto? Would make sense to me, it seems that over the past two years Riccardo's name has really been established and his work is getting a recognition world wide, without a shop in the US carrying the brand yet AFAIK.

All I know is that the Dutch shop that he is now working with exclusively, Sir max, is trying to get Riccardo's Dutch bespoke clients to order via them.

20. j ingevaldsson

Yes, I was talking about Bestetti with Steven when I visited NY the past winter, and knows he is interested in stocking Bestetti. But as I've understood it for now it's just a one off trunk show. Steven probably want to see the shoes, meet Bestetti, and then decide weither he'll go forward with stock shoes or maybe just more trunk show visits. Stefano Bemer brand is having a similar "guest appearence" at Leffot this fall.

Don't know about price difference. The Swedish shop Spiga 3 who take orders for Bestetti and will stock RTW in some time has the same price tag as if you order directly from Riccardo though.