1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roy, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

I love the pigskins.

Would be great to hear how the turtles were fixed by ricky.

2. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

Can you show the pigskins after use? I recall that they crease a little funny.

3. C&A

C&A Well-Known Member

Just received these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will probably swap the laces for the round ones Riccardo included.

I have seen other reports about creasing. Discussed it with Riccardo. He says big part is due to the way they are lasted. We will see and I will report back after some wear.

2 people like this.
  4. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Suede like surface for bottom outsole?

5. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

Damn that heelcup, that's one chiseled piece of a last. Bestetti can shape and wrestle with the best of them.

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Pigskin looks pretty cool, but for some reason I think I'd have an overwhelming urge to throw them around. Not sure why.

7. meister

meister Well-Known Member

8. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Well-Known Member

My first shoe Bestetti was not bespoke. I chose a Balmoral MTO. I immediately felt at home in spite of my flat feet.

But now I want to move to a more noble: the bespoke.

In fact, I just got out Bestetti and as usual it always amazes me. Its lines, its forms, its refinement and comfort are its evolution towards excellence. This will be my first step. Bestetti in taking the measures was really professional. He asked me everything. From the way I eat what I eat. This was done to see if my feet are subject to increases or decreases in volume because of my power. Say I have a lot of water retention.

My first bespoke shoe of my life will be a Bestetti gladiators like this. Dark brown and tobacco ...

[​IMG]

what do you think?

For exotic skins there will be time. I'll try to keep you informed on the development of my first bespoke branded Bestetti.

I have seen many of my clients with the foot of the bespoke. However, its finish, its proportions, its ability to create new models and convenience are unique.

Today I really was enchanted by the finish of the shoes he had on trolleys. When I bought my first pair of Bestetti in MTO was already fantastic. But today I think he has passed once again.

I can not wait to go to the next step. Now Betsetti should give its best to create a form suitable to my flat feet!

9. bamboo

bamboo Well-Known Member

Hello to gentlemen in this thread.

Today, I picked up Test shoes from Riccardo for my Novecento line order.

It comes with cemented cork sole and very soft upper leather. Procedure is as described in the previous posts in this thread.
    I sent him pictures of my feets with and without shoes from up and side told him makers of shoes, model and size and description of how I feel the fit of those.

Interestingly, when I sent him a rather precise measurement of my feet taken by 3D laser device, he told me he can get more information from pictures.
    In other words he did not request me actual measurement in centimeters or inches.

I found this procedure very interesting and hope this turns into a pair of beautiful and comfortable shoes.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. Gianni Cerutti

Bestetti It is very precise and professional in his work. I was there yesterday from him for my first bespoke. And every time I see his shoes I like them more and more.

I make a model gladiators, see the photo just above. And what model do you do?

The 900 is great for those who perhaps can not go Bestetti. He told me yesterday that you have the ability to change shape slightly. This after he sent photos and your feelings of the shoe test. It 's really professional in this.

And I never imagined that I would not have existed this method to have a semi bespoke even from miles away. Fantastic.

I also can not wait to be able to wear the shoe test.

11. bamboo

bamboo Well-Known Member

12. Gianni Cerutti

Hello dear,

thanks for your response. I saw the blog link to Bestetti and I must say it is beautiful even the Maverick. But this is your first shoe Bestetti you do? And what color did you choose? That brown of his blog is a show.

I, like the first model I preferred the Balmoral. Yesterday while I went to take measures for my first bespoke I also retired my Balmoral in MTO. I pointed to redo the trick. Just unloading images from the camera I'll show you.

Certainly the Gladiators is a shoe of great charm. I've chosen dark brown and tobacco. And maybe I do also put a flower at the tip ... what do you think?

But it lends itself to many combinations. And then for me it is a real dandy.

13. Gianni Cerutti

[​IMG]

I found this other photo of what will be my first bespoke by Bestetti. It is always the same Gladiators that I posted a few days ago ... but it's just from another angle.

I will do so ... do you think I'm doing the right thing with these two colors? I think the photos that you see around Gladiators Bestetti of these for me are the best.

I will keep you updated on the next steps in this my first bespoke by Bestetti.

1 person likes this.
  14. patrickBOOTH

I love how Bestettli's test shoes are pretty much the extent of "high-end" shoes these days.

15. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

the gladiators are quite aggressive.

16. patrickBOOTH

Yeah, I like them for their historical significance, but I would never wear them.

17. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Well-Known Member

Love them, but that toe shape just isn't my taste.

18. Gianni Cerutti

thanks for your beautiful words of honesty. And thanks for your positive comments on the color also. This means that I will do as those in the photo ... but I really like that bit a lot.

The only change that I will do Bestetti compared to that image I had posted a few days ago is the most tacco.Vorrei a Cuban heel. What do you think?

19. C&A

C&A Well-Known Member

true cuban or slightly cuban gianni ?

20. Gianni Cerutti

forgive my Italian[​IMG] ... so you understand better ... my question ...

The only change that I will do Bestetti compared to that image I had posted a few days ago the heel. I want a more Cuban heel. What do you think?