• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restaurant Recommendations

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm. BLT sounds and looks good (just checked their site), but need to stay out in Santa Monica area. Thanks though.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Anyone have a good lunch recommendation for Indy? Will be a mid-afternoon (2 or so) lunch and I was hoping to have a decent sit down place and be able to get a few courses.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Anyone have a good lunch recommendation for Indy? Will be a mid-afternoon (2 or so) lunch and I was hoping to have a decent sit down place and be able to get a few courses.
Dunaways http://dunaways.com/lunchA.htm at 351 S. East Street. Palomino is also a decent option.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had omakase at 15 East last night. Really good and lives up to its reputation. If you can, get a seat in front of Masa-san.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to The Breslin for dinner tonight. Any thing special to order? Avoid?

lefty

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty

lefty

I wouldn't get the burger. The terrine boards are pretty good but its a lot of food. The pig's foot is great but very heavy. The fries are amazing. Everything there is pretty heavy actually....

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
Had omakase at 15 East last night. Really good and lives up to its reputation. If you can, get a seat in front of Masa-san.

15 East is one of my favorites, Masato is great. Next time let the rather flamboyant maÃ
00ae.png
tre d' pick out the Sake selections for you, he does a great job and gets ridiculously excited about it.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty

lefty

make sure you get some Stumptown after.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, but as it turns out I had to cancel.

lefty

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Dunaways http://dunaways.com/lunchA.htm at 351 S. East Street. Palomino is also a decent option.

Well we wouldn't have gotten to Dunaways until 2:15, and since they close lunch service at 2:30, I didn't feel right going. So instead we drove down College Avenue and went to a place called Binkley's (corner of College & Kessler). I was expecting it to be lame and have bad food, but it was actually nice. Really good wine by the glass selection and the food was prepared and seasoned well, if unadventurous. You should give it a try if you're in Broad Ripple and need a quick casual bite.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I've passed it many times, but have never stopped. I'll have to give it a try.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a good BYOB in Philadelphia? A reservation will be a must, can really be anywhere that is accessible via a reasonable taxi ride (i'm thinking somewhere between the river and 40th street, not crazy far south or north).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics