1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Removing sweat from Dry Clean Only suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chich, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Chich

Chich Well-Known Member

Champion, thanks mate.

2. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Well-Known Member

3. deburn

deburn Well-Known Member

Sounds like this may not be possible right away, but adding a suit or two to the rotation would help.

Have you thought about using cedar hangers? Since you don't have much ventilation, maybe you could have a small table fan directed at the suit?

4. Chich

Chich Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll also look into these.

I have 3 suits on rotation and will soon be adding a couple more. I've found an absolute perfect place to hang my suits outside where it gets direct and full breeze (no direct sunlight though), however doing so for a couple of hours yesterday didn't seem to reduce the smell. Tomorrow I'll try somewhere else outside with direct sunlight, if that fails then the next step is lightly applying some rubbing alcohol and hanging outside again. Failing that then I guess dry cleaning is the only step left unless anyone has any other suggestions?

5. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

I am afraid that I will stick with burning them and starting again.

6. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Are you a pyromaniac?

7. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

No, merely practical. There is little p[purpose in keeping unwearable garments.

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Fair enough