1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Relocating from Raleigh to London, how to calculate pay

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Coldsnap, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Just curious where to even start with this. I'm coming over to London for 2 years or so to work for a company I've been working for out of Raleigh NC. Wondering when re negotiating contract how I can calculate what I should make in London.

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

cost of living comparison? Figure out how much more cost of living is in London than Raleigh and adjust salary (in dollars) accordingly?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

If you're working for the same company, wouldn't they just cover a lot of your expenses? I know both my current and previous employers would pay for your housing and typically give you a stipend on top of your salary for international assignments.