1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Reigning Champ Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Distorbiant, Feb 26, 2014.

1. justsayno

justsayno Well-Known Member

The material used in the olive RC sweats are noticeably less soft than previous seasons. Anyone else noticed that?

2. jajordan378

jajordan378 Well-Known Member

Is the stitching supposed to be so disconnected on the hoodies? Or did I get a flawed sweatshirt? :/[​IMG]

3. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

Is it terry? Their tiger fleece is soft, their other sweats are not

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. justsayno

Medium weight terry from previous seasons feel softer than those from these season.

5. CBrown85

CBrown85 Well-Known Member

Wash em a few times.

6. CBrown85

Looks like it was tugged. Do you have a huge head?

7. jajordan378

I have a normal average sized head. But even if I had a huge head, why would it be so delicate?

8. CBrown85

Delicate is probably the last word I'd use to describe RC stuff. It looks fine. If it really bothers you, run a thread through it.

9. jajordan378

That's exactly why I bought it

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

bro you're at it again?

11. jajordan378

ha yeah man. I shopped the sales hard for black Friday and feel like I got all the rejects. A pair of chup socks had a hole brand new. The Schneider with the ripped snag. A pair of shockoe atelier cords that had a belt loop not attached. A pair of Chromexcel Vibergs from Notre that were scuffed to shit when I got them. A Nanamica cruiser from bodega shop that had a red stain the size of a quarter on the lining. And now this. Seriously. Threads game giveth. And the threads game taketh away. I mean the whole point of spending the extra money was to avoid this stuff

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  12. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

13. justsayno

exactly, glad to hear i wasn't the only one

14. Dan G

Dan G Well-Known Member

I bought the midweight, heavy weight and tiger fleece sweatpants on Black Friday sales. Have to say all are pretty underwhelming. The heavyweight are not remotely soft and I also thought they'd be heavier. The fleece are pretty decent, but for whatever reason they are cut 1.5 inches shorter than the rest. I like the fit and comfort of the midweight, but after one wash the tag with the logo is already fraying. Wouldn't buy any of this stuff unless it was at least 50% off. Have found W+H to generally hold up better.

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I been telling y'all heavyweights are garbage. Washed mine again in cold, no dryer and it feels like a brillo pad.

16. CBrown85

Heavyweight sucks. Mid is great and the light is super soft. Tiger's heavy and soft but ugly.

17. MrZBrown

MrZBrown Member

Quote: Even tho W+H is the same company as RC?

18. dl123

dl123 Active Member

19. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

They fit slim in the chest. Size up if you're looking for a more relaxed fit

20. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

The size chart is accurate on their site. I have that exact tee and the quality of the cotton is why they can charge so much. Only complaints I had would be the shirts are jersey cotton which is soft but because it is very think the neck stretches out a good bit after a couple wears and the white on a sunny day will be showing some nipple shadows lol. If they made a Tee with a thicker thread count or a reinforced neck I would only every color. But because of the stretch and the way the shirt will wrinkle after washing or when your sitting down I only have the one.