• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reigning Champ Thread

conqueror

Reaction score

I'm 5"10" and 153- have the core hoodie in small and the fit is perfect. About to pull trigger on the tiger fleece hoodie. What size should I get? Heard tiger fleece is slimmer, so should I get a medium?

small. if anything, my tiger fleece fits slightly bigger than my core navy.

johnnykicks

Reaction score
Seasonal Reigning Champ is now 30% off, plus save an additional 20% with discount code:

SFBLACKWEEKEND

http://understudyshop.com/collections/reigning-champ

Im trying to figure out if ordering from you guys will mean customs fees since im in the U.S. usually $200 is the limit for not getting charged but if I buy something on sale at 150 but retail for that on ur site is over 200 does that mean ill prob hvae to pay a fee? With the currency exchange Reigning Champ is a lot cheaper from u guys then buying it here. Also since RC is Made in Canada does that mean any order amount dollar wise will be duty free because of NAFTA?? Learned about this sale way to late so prob will miss out on the extra 20% off but still cheaper with the seasonal sale going on.

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score
Core Hoodie just arrived. It's snug. I'm 6'0" 170 and it hugs me, but it's not tight. The sleeves come right to the wrist so there's no break along the arms.

How do these wear long term? If it shrinks a millimeter it's over, but I like the snug fit. Also, if it relaxes with wear like jeans do it could be perfect. If a large relaxes, I think it would look baggy, and I want to keep that trim fit.

thoughts?

(cross posting like cray)

Last edited:

Understudy

Reaction score
@ScuffedBluchers RC pieces are great for holding their shape over time. We suggest infrequent washing (cold) and hanging to dry, although personally I've accidentally tossed my hoodie in the dryer before and didn't notice any shrinking.

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score
@ScuffedBluchers RC pieces are great for holding their shape over time. We suggest infrequent washing (cold) and hanging to dry, although personally I've accidentally tossed my hoodie in the dryer before and didn't notice any shrinking.

@Understudy What about stretching? I won't dry it, and will rarely wash it. Will it stretch out at all like jeans do when you wear them?

Last edited:

Understudy

Reaction score
@ScuffedBluchers you will find the cotton softens with wear and will relax a little, however it will maintain it's shape - unlike denim.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 5"10" and 153- have the core hoodie in small and the fit is perfect. About to pull trigger on the tiger fleece hoodie. What size should I get? Heard tiger fleece is slimmer, so should I get a medium?

I own the heavyweight hoodie and a tiger fleece crewneck sweatshirt and take them in both size large. I wouldn't say the tiger fleece is slimmer but both of my sweatshirts are fitted. didn't notice any variance in sizing between styles

johnnykicks

Reaction score
Quote:
How "heavy" are the heavyweight tops from RC? I only own a couple pieces of midweights and those are fairly thick, I like the idea of having a warmer hoodie for the winter but not sure what weather qualifies for it. I live in GA so it only drops below 32 a few months out of the year and even then its mostly wind that accounts for the real cold days and at that point it seems like a hard shell outer over a midweight would be better suited maybe? Also how does the zipper on the lower end hold up and do you even use it regularly?

funx0rs

Reaction score
Also curious about the thickness of the core hoodies. I've only got the Beauty + Youth collab zip-up hoodie and I love the heavyweight terry fabric. I'd love to grab something else as heavy as this one.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

How "heavy" are the heavyweight tops from RC? I only own a couple pieces of midweights and those are fairly thick, I like the idea of having a warmer hoodie for the winter but not sure what weather qualifies for it. I live in GA so it only drops below 32 a few months out of the year and even then its mostly wind that accounts for the real cold days and at that point it seems like a hard shell outer over a midweight would be better suited maybe? Also how does the zipper on the lower end hold up and do you even use it regularly?

Also curious about the thickness of the core hoodies. I've only got the Beauty + Youth collab zip-up hoodie and I love the heavyweight terry fabric. I'd love to grab something else as heavy as this one.

in my experience the midweight is all we ever need up in maine. heavy is starchier but not hugely different imo. if you're really looking to winterize the tiger fleece is the way to go.

which beauty & youth do you have? the striped ones are fairly similar to the heavyweight core fabric, though as I recall the highlighter loop ones were a bit more plush.

funx0rs

Reaction score
in my experience the midweight is all we ever need up in maine. heavy is starchier but not hugely different imo. if you're really looking to winterize the tiger fleece is the way to go.

which beauty & youth do you have? the striped ones are fairly similar to the heavyweight core fabric, though as I recall the highlighter loop ones were a bit more plush.

Thanks.

I have the orange highlighter zip-up.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
@Michaelm93 Is that the one with little specks in the fabric? if so i have one in a large you can purchase from me.

i love RC, especially beauty & youth but tend to just live in a Buzz Rickson or Champion the whole time

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have a heavyweight rc hoodie and while the fit is good (arms a little too slim) the material is rough. The strings also faded after one wash with a proper detergent and cold water on gentle (no dryer). Would never pay full price and probably won't buy again even on sale.

Need something softer like loop wheeler.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads