1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Reigning Champ Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Distorbiant, Feb 26, 2014.

1. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

2. yyztrannna

yyztrannna Member

Anybody deal with the new varsity jackets yet? The ones with leather sleeves/melton wool. Haven't found much outside info on them. Looking to pick one up.

3. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Just got the midweight navy pullover hoodie and am very happy with it.
    Sized up one and it fits really well (I'm usually a sz small but 6'0 and want to be able to layer for winter), a size small would've been way too tight. Fabric is nice, color is great, stitching looks very solid, to summarize it's exactly what I've been looking for [​IMG]
    (got it on sale too which certainly doesn't hurt)

Will probably take some better picture of just the hoodie later on, but here's a quick and dirty store-selfie
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

Reigning Champ fans, I have a very nice RC varsity style zip sweatshirt (red and white, size small) on the B&S boards. It's been worn very little and is listed at a good price.

5. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

To all my RC guys - ran into this link recently and thought you'd like to see. Shows what's coming up for their Spring/Summer '16 release. Nothing is available yet. I couldn't get to this page from their site... but a google search brought me here. Go figure. Loving the "Cherry" and "Saxe."

http://shop.reigningchamp.com/collections/all?page=1

1 person likes this.
  6. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

Anyone here who owns a RC Varsity Jacket how is the fit? With anything that is built using Raglan sleeves I am always hessitant to buy because of my tall frame and broad shoulders, without the added stitching and room of traditional sleeves the fit can be somewhat weird if there isnt much stretch. All of my RC hoodies are XL and fit great but are def slim so anything that might fit tight in the top is something I have to make sure of.

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

I take a small in the Tiger Fleece, mid-weight, and nylon-terry hybrids. They fit slim in the sleeves and boxy in the body. The same applies to the varsity jackets. Remember the hoodies are technically half raglan

8. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

RC dropped a really awesome collab with Ascis this morning. A few pieces didn't last very long... Like the sneakers in the two best colorways. They've got some sizes left on their tops and shorts. Definitely worth checking out.

Reigning Champ x Asics

9. John-Galt

Haven got a delivery as well. Unsold pieces will be made available online at the end of the day

10. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    We just put our first spring delivery online; lots of core, lots of midweight terry, but I wanted to highlight these Sea to Sky pieces. Sea to Sky is RC's "technical" line, which they put together with specially milled textiles from polartec. we grabbed the jacket & the hoody in stretch nylon, which sheds water and blends nicely into a modern wardrobe, even when the weather holds up. the dryfit side panels are a nice touch, comfort-wise.

Stretch Nylon Pullover Hoodie

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Stow Away Hood Jacket

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. conqueror

conqueror Well-Known Member

i own the regular tiger fleece sweatpants (without the shitty drawstring hems/cuffs) in S and the fit is pretty much spot-on. could i go the same size in the new 'slim' fit?

12. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

Not familiar with the fit on their "slim" line. I've found most of their items TTS. I would expect much the same and that their "slim" line to be a bit more tailored to meet the current trend.

I checked on their sizing charts for you. If you trust these things. Looks like the slim line tapers with a smaller leg opening than your Tigers. However, the rise is higher on your Tigers. The lower rise on the "slim" meets with current trends... to me it looks like you are safe with a Small in the slim line.

When in doubt - give them a quick email. I've reached out to them in the past and have been happy with their response.

1 person likes this.
  13. ttam19

ttam19 Member

Anybody check out the store in Vancouver? Really nice.

14. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

No can do. I'd live there if I was closer. But... you know... being in NYC area kills my chances.

They post pictures from time to time on their IG. I live vicariously through those.

15. jpoww

jpoww New Member

Anyone have any experience with the Indigo pieces they have this season? The Indigo Hoodie and sweat pants look really nice.

16. NXNW

NXNW Well-Known Member

I have the washed indigo crewneck, and they accidentally sent me the dark one fist. Both are awesome, start with crisp indigo feel.

17. conqueror

conqueror Well-Known Member

just received the slim sweatpants in a S. i'm 6'1/165lb, surprisingly the waist and inseam is fine (finishes at my ankle which like) but they are super tight on my calves - hoping they will stretch. in comparison, my pairs in regular fit in S are maybe an inch too long and are generous throughout the entire leg.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  18. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Well-Known Member

Thinking about getting into R/C. Any sizing advice for 5'7" 180 lbs. 34" waist 43" chest and 25" thigh?

19. John-Galt

Either a medium or large; however, the sleeves will run long. I'm 5'8" and the small is long on me.

20. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Well-Known Member

Thank you!:)