• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Looks like they make em in brown too:
http://www.drytillyoudie.nl/redwing/...9260a48c11.php

Cherry > Black > Brown

Whoa the brown is interesting. I think I would prefer it over the black. I like the natural colored welt.

b02b84699260a4a7140.jpg

Originally Posted by atomicranch
Mine have the logo. I got them from cultizm about 9 months ago.

Mine are from Sherman Brothers, drop-shipped from Red Wing, no logo.

All of the GTs I have seen since they became easier to get (starting maybe 6 months ago) don't have the logo, aka the 9011 model.

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
^^^ I agree but he did ask for a similar style and craftmanship that will lasta while but will fit wider feet and the Ricards, although less rugged and serves a slightly different purpose, fits in with the requirements he asked.

Here's a pic of a black pair for better comparison.
smile.gif

s8xc-a095-wsh-n3-17946.jpg

I'm debating getting a pair of the GTs as a kind of "second best" to something like the Paul Smiths above. I would love them, but $600 is too rich for my blood right now.

Before I get the GTs, could anyone recommend something more similar to those Paul Smiths but for at least half the price? I know that the quality and style won't be the same, of course, but I'd like to see what other options I might have before getting the GTs.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ if you wait til end of season sale you can get the Ricard for 50% from PS store. You could just call them and order over phone if you arent geographically convenient.

I ended up getting my black Ricards for $250ish on sale

I have both black GT and Ricard and they're different. The Ricard is more versatile since it can be worn up/down. The GTs are only gonna be worn casual. would look bizarre with a suit/trouser

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
^^ if you wait til end of season sale you can get the Ricard for 50% from PS store. You could just call them and order over phone if you arent geographically convenient.

I have both black GT and Ricard and they're different. The Ricard is more versatile since it can be worn up/down. The GTs are only gonna be worn casual. would look bizarre with a suit/trouser

I would most likely only be wearing them casually anyways, but having the option would be nice. If I wanted to wear boots with trousers, I would probably just wear my Chelseas.

They don't have them listed on the US store's site, just the UK. Would you expect them to go on sale before, say, late-November/early-December? Or are they a fall/winter model that won't go on sale until the spring?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the Paul Smith store sale starts right after New Years, but some stockists that carry them (barneys for example) might put em on sale sooner. obviously sizing availability by saletime is tough if you're in the 8-10 range

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Paul Smith store sale starts right after New Years, but some stockists that carry them (barneys for example) might put em on sale sooner.
Your talk about all the steals you get in tiny shoe sizes creates false hope for the masses.
devil.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Homie...How did you size your ricards compared to your starrs. I am UK 7 in Starrs and a 8.5 in GTs.

kit99bar

Reaction score
please don't hurt me but a sizing question
laugh.gif

My feet are 9.5 inches. I assume this is the same measurement as the people in shoe stores would measure. Should I get a 8.5 in the GT?
I wear 8 in Chucks and 9 or 9.5 in Nikes bball shoes

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^I would get 7.5 GT

I wear 8 chucks and 9-9.5 in Adidas originals, and wear 7.5 in GT

kit99bar

Reaction score
Thank you sir, that is most helpful!
laugh.gif
So basically get the same size as what you wear in chucks or .5 down.
Do your feet also measure 9.5?

^^I would get 7.5 GT

I wear 8 chucks and 9-9.5 in Adidas originals, and wear 7.5 in GT

ryn

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of these, what color/kind of polish is everyone using on these? I'd like to put some Obenauf's on these to try and soften them up some but I don't want to ruin the color. Anyone put Obenauf's on and had them come out alright?

premo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I had a pair from cultizm without a logo.

So... fake?

I just called Red Wing to clarify this. Model 9011 (the US version of the GT) has no logo no the side. The 1911 (International version of the GT) has a logo on the side.

Can anyone second that?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by premo
So... fake?

I just called Red Wing to clarify this. Model 9011 (the US version of the GT) has no logo no the side. The 1911 (International version of the GT) has a logo on the side.

Can anyone second that?

Cultizm sell fake shoes? No way

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads