1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

thanks once again

2. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

Freshly kopped: Red Wing 2963 in Copper Yuma Leather from the brand new Fall '13 new arrivals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Well-Known Member

4. teamnsk123

teamnsk123 Well-Known Member

Just got my first pair of boots. The beckmans from the nordy sale. [​IMG]

5. elduderino

elduderino Well-Known Member

Blaster, those will age really well I bet!

teamnsk123, pics or it didn't happen! ;)

6. teamnsk123

Those coppers. Dayum.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  7. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

I brought my 4473s in to be resoled for the first time. They're my primary workboot and have done a great job of protecting my feet, but they've gotten pretty beat-up from both general use and various carpentry projects. Is there anything better than just the red wing black shoe cream that I can use to hide/repair some of the damage? Red Wing allegedly cleans shoes up a bit when you send them back to the factory to be resoled, so I'll post a picture when I get them back... in a month.

8. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

blaster you don`t size down on rw/ wolverine / whites right?

Looks like I am going tts on the 875 so I can wear them with boot socks during the winter

9. bl@ster

I size down on all of them from my true measured size. I go down .5 size in RW and White's and a full size in Wolvy 1000 Miles. You can probably get away with going TTS with the 875 -- that last is less roomy than the other Heritage model lasts. With an insole and thick socks you'd probably be ok.

10. teamnsk123

Resting temptations to buy another off the heritage line. :(

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  11. Sadik

Sadik New Member

Hi! i recently bought a Iron Ranger us9.5 but its hugging my feet pretty tight, no allowance at all, was thinking on getting another in sz10 or should i get a sz9.5E instead?

I'm fine how long the us9.5 feels it's just the width that is bothering me, idk if these will stretch (width) more as i wear them, tho but afraid it might get bulky or not become proportion to its sole >.<

I'm also on the look out on getting another pair, Round Toe 8196 or the 875, how are these compared (sizing) to Iron Rangers?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  12. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

875 Oro Legacy
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. gatormd

gatormd Active Member

anyone here with side by side comparison of the new 875 oro legacy vs the oro-russet 8131?

14. dlaz

dlaz Well-Known Member

HI Sadik,we have the same issue with the iron ranger.
    I bought my iron ranger ins US8.5D and also the 9075 Moc in US8.5D. the 9075 fits nice,although now they feel bit loose. The Iron ranger is bit snug/tight just like yours. I did put a shoe tree in them and wear thin socks.so far they're starting to be ok.but they still feel stiff maybe cause of the chaparral leather. next time I'm gonna buy a US9 for Iron ranger,cause I like to have an extra insole in them due to my runner's heel. I think RW doesnt have an E for iron ranger. (crosspost from IH :p )

15. bl@ster

Some pretty nice Brooks Brothers exclusive RW makeups just posted to their site...

2961 Pebble Bron, 9017 Vintage Chukka, 4556 Iron Ranger:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. _cameosis_

_cameosis_ Well-Known Member

beautiful, thanks for the heads up.

17. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the regular shoes..possibly from the Worx line. Does anybody have any experience with these? I think they're ugly, but I need something that I can stand in all day in one spot. I'm a barber and I can't find good shoes to make my feet feel better for longer than a few months at a time.

18. bl@ster

Why not get a pair from the heritage line and just put a good quality insole in there? Worx stuff looks like @ss.

19. taint it sweet

taint it sweet Well-Known Member

I considered that. I'm not sure about a quality insole...I've never had good luck with any insole for longer than 8 months. I find most of their shoes ugly, but I'm not overly concerned with that at the moment. Comfort is my biggest concern. Not to mention, as cool as the Iron Ranger looks, I'm not sure how good it would look while cutting hair...

20. 12ax7

12ax7 New Member

I have both the moc toe 1907 in copper rough and tough and the iron ranger in amber, both in 9us. I find the 1907's to be a thousand times more comfortable both because of the sole and the footbed. The iron rangers have a mouldable leather footbed and its pretty hard. I went with one of red wings green work insoles after they were somewhat broken in and it makes a big difference. As far as longevity if the insoles in the iron rangers, no idea yet.

But bottom line both boots are tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 4