1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. steve-b

steve-b Member

There is only >one< Iron Ranger Hawthrone Model. Photography is all about light, different Monitors give their extra. Just compare all the different Clark Desert Boots colors out there. I bet black is the only true-to-photo color, but still this is not true either.

2. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

The eyelets look black not silver.
    I think the JCrew versions also had such different eyelets.

3. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

I'd much rather go speedhooks on a work-wear boot like that.

My one complaint with the Beckman's is the use of all eyelets. Even with the laces fairly loose, the vamp seems tighter to me than on Wolverine's, and, consequently, it is very difficult for me to get my Beckman's on and off without practically relacing them each time. I have a thick (tall) foot, so maybe it's just a personal issue; just wish there were speedhooks, but many people prefer the dressier eyelets, especially if wearing with trousers not jeans.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

I have the same with my GT/Beckmans and also need to take the laces out of the top eyelets. But I do it automatically now and pretty fast, so I'm not annoyed by it anymore. I was a bit in the beginning, though.

5. MarioImpemba

6. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

any idea which colorway of the 3141s is worn in this picture?

[​IMG]

Looks lighter than the ones I've seen at my local stockist but that might just be the lighting in the pic

7. MarioImpemba

Either Copper Rough & Tough or the Oro-Iginal. Likely the latter.

8. Jben

Jben New Member

Which ones are the best, Beckman or 1000 mile boots ? I can have the 1000 mile boots for 260€ and the Beckman for 200€. Also I prefere the rubber sole to the leather one.

9. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

thanks

10. Jben

Jben New Member

Also I'd like to know what's the sizing chart for the 9016... and if any websites are shipping these worldwide. I'm in Europe and they are freaking expensive here (300€ at best on most websites, 400€ on many others), it's frustrating that you can find them at 250€ on many US websites that refuse to ship them worldwide.

11. MrTony92

MrTony92 Well-Known Member

Revolve stocks red wings for $330 US with free worldwide shipping.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Brands.jsp?search=red+wing&currency=USD

Also new customers can get 30% off their first purchase (excludes wolverines but not red wings), all you have to do is e-mail them after your purchase asking for the new customer discount and they'll refund the 30%.

12. tsekh

tsekh Well-Known Member

Don't think Red Wing has any chukka model with Copper Rough & Tough (there maybe one off limited run with some retailer though) If they make such model I'll definitely get a pair.

13. nesevis

nesevis New Member

Hey!

New user here.

I recently bought a pair of Red Wing Iron Ranger boots (in Amber Harness). I treated them with snoseal using Crane's method, heating with a hair dryer, etc.

After the snoseal was as absorbed as it was going to get, I buffed them with a cloth and a RW horsehair brush, and let them sit.

Taking my boots out for a walk today, I noticed a bit of snoseal got "caked" where the leather bends on top of the foot just in front of the toe cap. It just looks like dry snoseal and isn't much of an issue. Does this mean I've applied too much? That I haven't let it seep in for long enough? That I didn't buff them properly/for long enough?

The leather is, for lack of a better word, waxy to the touch (but not sticky). Dust seems to enjoy sticking to it, while water just beads.

Is there anything I can do to make them less waxy (mostly because of the dust)?

14. salinas

salinas Active Member

Hi,

I have a question regarding stains on the Hawthore Muleskinner Roughout leather.
    I kickstarted my motorbike and from the black rubber on the foot rest I got ugly black streaks on the tip of my boots.
    I've treated the boots with Obenaufs two times before.
    I tried quickly to rub it out with water, but this didn't help at all.
    Any recommendations on what to do?

15. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Well-Known Member

wear that shit with pride. and next time don't treat the roughout leather. just wear that shit and beat it to hell. if you wanted dress boots you should have bought them instead.

16. salinas

salinas Active Member

I guess, I didn't choose my words carefully.
    I purchased the roughout boots especially for the purpose of them aging and getting scruffed up.
    What I have are like four, five thin black lines running on the tip of my boots from the rubber that just look shit.
    But I already found some info. Apparently there is a certain kind of rubber that one can use. Plus a special brush. I'm gonna get those.

17. MarioImpemba

Did you spray them with a silicone protector?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  18. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Well-Known Member

oh no, i understood exactly what you said. i don't think you understood me though.

19. salinas

salinas Active Member

Alright then :)
    I think if you saw them you'd agree that these black stripes just don't look any good, from whatever angle. At least to me they don't. So I'll take them off.