1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Well-Known Member

Some kind of lug or half lug sole on that boot would look cool IMHO.

2. spurs61

spurs61 Well-Known Member

3. taduuu

taduuu Member

Does anyone own or has anyone tried both 1907 and 875? How do their lasts compare? They only sell 875 here in Finland and my pinky toe feels a little cramped in 875 so I am wondering does 1907 have more space in the toe box?

4. ElBron21

ElBron21 Well-Known Member

I have the 877s, a buddy has the 1907. The 1907s look like they are slightly roomier, but he doesn't wear the same size as me so I cannot tell very accurately.. I also lace mine very tight, he likes his loose. But, I still think they are

5. ElBron21

Got these Munsons last Friday. Got them about +$150 off from a seller on eBay, I love them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

The Munsons are fantastic! Great pickup.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

8. Captain Insano

Both the Munsons and the Postmans look great. Keep the pictures coming people!

Another pic of my 8181s with more indigo patina on the back. I can't believe how fast the indigo is collecting on these.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

These are great boots, I hadn't see this model/finish before.

10. Captain Insano

I don't think they are a USDM model, I think they are a European model. I tried to have my local RW store order me a pair and they can only order the USDM models. And so they could not order these 8181s. If you go on the North American RW Heritage site the 8181 is not listed, but you can find them on some of the Euro sites like Amsterdam for example.

I am loving them so far. But I love all my RW boots so this is nothing new!

11. stayhealthy

stayhealthy Member

i got a pair of chukkas, 3140, thinking that they fit like the iron rangers other red wings but i was wrong. the chukkas are made of a different last and so the d width chukkas are really snug even with a thin pair of socks. the chukkas are a size 9 and my iron rangers and moc toes in a 9 fit great. really want to trade them. they look like new. anyone interested?

12. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

Iron Rangers today
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. phidauex

phidauex Well-Known Member

Can you comment on the sizing between your Iron Rangers and the 8181? I'm hunting on eBay for some similar makeups but am not sure if I should be shooting for my Iron Ranger size or something different. Slightly complicated by the fact that my IR size is between 5.5D and 6.0D (currently sticking with the 5.5 and thin socks). Do the 8181s fit larger or smaller than the IRs?

14. ElBron21

Those look SHARP

1 person likes this.
  15. ElBron21

I cant comment on this, but my girlfriend wears the same size in her 8111 iron rangers and her 9111s roundtoes. Same boots you are askin about just different leathers, hope it helps...

1 person likes this.
  16. Captain Insano

The 8181 and my IRs, I think the last may be different, but if it helps, I wear a 9.5D in both my Brogue Rangers and my Iron Rangers. And I also wear a 9.5D in my 8181s. I also went to my local RW store before buying any of my RW boots and they measured me as a 10D on their machine. But when I tried on 10s they felt big. So 9.5D has worked really well for me for all three styles of RW boots I own.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Tweedboy

Tweedboy Active Member

I wear the same size in Moc Toe, Round Toe and Iron Ranger. I don't fine much difference to be honest, maybe the IRs are slightly narrower? The only exception for me so far has been the chukka boots which I wear half a size larger.

1 person likes this.
  18. taduuu

taduuu Member

Well. I have Iron Rangers and Moc Toes same size, but even with Red Wing -insoles I find Iron Rangers bigger. So I guess it depends on your foot.

19. ElBron21

I saw some gently used oxblood IRs in my size on eBay 2wks ago for a really decent price, round $160+shipping, buuuut I had just bought the Munsons I had been coveting for years. I have a 6-8 month policy between boots.. It's to prevent me spiraling into addiction lol

20. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Red Wing Moc Toe in Oro-Legacy for $65 at Nordstrom Rack. What do you guys think? Is this a steal or might there be some defect because this seems to good to be true. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016