1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

red dress shirt in wardrobe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by elliottchow, Oct 23, 2009.

1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

The red and black lumberjack, with the hat to match.

2. rvan

rvan Well-Known Member

I have a bright red shirt from Express, not really too dressy but it's nice with a blazer once in awhile, mostly for new years or christmas.

3. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

I have shirts in red and white puppy tooth, red and white gingham, red and white stripes, red and cream stripes, red stripes on pink ... and one red Oxford cloth (of course, the white tones it down to a deep pink). I reserve solid red for knit shirts.
    The red and white gingham checks in a variety of scales are always nice. I have an Acorn shirt fabric which is red with white stripes. It's a great looking shirt. I am also considering a solid bright red or a darker ruby red for casual. I might even get french cuffs on them to show off some crystal cufflinks.

4. elliottchow

elliottchow Well-Known Member

hi film noir buff, the shirt i'm acutally looking at is at your website on the article

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/is-paris-burning

where the loro piana fabric book are the 2nd one. The red cotton linen shirt, would you think this to be good shirt to make? The farbic is pretty expensive so pretty hesistant to be using so much money on a red shirt. Ever make anything from the cotton/linen book?

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

hi film noir buff, the shirt i'm acutally looking at is at your website on the article http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/is-paris-burning where the loro piana fabric book are the 2nd one. The red cotton linen shirt, would you think this to be good shirt to make? The farbic is pretty expensive so pretty hesistant to be using so much money on a red shirt. Ever make anything from the cotton/linen book?
    Loro paina's shirt fabrics are very popular but I wouldn't spend this much on what would be for me a limited use shirt. Also, I personally do not like cotton/linen blend shirts, nor am I a big fan of solid shirts. But don't let that stop you.

6. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

And no ... they are not red dress shirts ... but I forgot to list all the red on blue shirts ... the red stripes on blue ... the red windowpane on blue ... the red grid on blue ... etc. ... etc. ... etc.

Perhaps I have too many shirts.

7. RugbyCub

RugbyCub Active Member

I have several...

The totally RED one is a Thomas Pink thing (sort of a crappy brand really) Its Cranberry Red. Classic Collar Dark Colored Buttons... Bought that in London (dont know if they ever had it here) Never wear it...

My absolute favorite is a RL Purple Label Keaton It has a GREAT solid red body and the collar is white. I've worn that one to church a few times.... keeps me interested, and repels the old ladies. (I also bought the same solid ones in bright green, mint, navy, purple, royal blue and a pimpin black - all this white collars)

My close favorite runner up is another RL Purple Label Keaton It has a red/white heavy double stripe body. The collar is white.

My 3rd favorite is another RL Purple Label Keaton It has a red body/ with fine white stripes. The collar is white.

8. keke

keke New Member

if you're looking for summer dress shirts then i think you should stick with pastels. otherwise a wine red/maroon dress shirt is the way to go.