• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for Bespoke Tailors in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Bangkok

llcooljayce

Reaction score
You can one for sure in 4 days- just possible perhaps to get two if the workshop is not too busy. When you come back from the islands you can get one more done. Best to call Danny and let him know when you are coming and what your timings are so he can ensure there is time for everything
Great information. Thanks Tropicalist.

Another question ... do you recommend bringing in your own cloth or does WG carry a good variety at fair prices? Would you expect to get away with a nice bespoke suit for say $500USD?

Last edited:

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I kianda think that WW Chan is the best option in Hong Kong if you can afford it. Their suits are $2,500 but comparable with $5,000 to $8,000 suits from Savile Row. It's a proper tailoring house. All of their work uses reputable fabrics and are fully canvased with extensive handwork.

llcooljayce

Reaction score
I kianda think that WW Chan is the best option in Hong Kong if you can afford it. Their suits are $2,500 but comparable with $5,000 to $8,000 suits from Savile Row. It's a proper tailoring house. All of their work uses reputable fabrics and are fully canvased with extensive handwork.
Thanks for the recommendation but $2500 for one suit is out of my price range. I will definitely keep them in mind for later on in my career though.

Tropicalist

Reaction score

Great information.  Thanks Tropicalist.  

Another question ... do you recommend bringing in your own cloth or does WG carry a good variety at fair prices?  Would you expect to get away with a nice bespoke suit for say $500USD?

WG charges around bhat 8000, around usd300 for stitching. I'd suggest brining your own fabric though they do have fabrics. The good ones are very expensive. The cheap ones are not good. I have never used any of their fabrics. I get the fabric from the UK.

Tropicalist

Reaction score

Don't disagree that these are good. I got a WW Chan made in 2006 I think. I also have bespoke Huntsman and bespoke Neopolitan stuff and have never really worn off the rack in my life,

In my opinion World Group is a very good option at any price. as you can imagine there is a huge difference between Hong kong labour costs and Bangkok labour cost. Hong Kong is no cheaper than any western country unless they are sending stuff over to china. Bkk labour is a fifth the cost,

Vish

woody3691

Reaction score
@Tropicalist: Don't know name of cutter but WG near Oriental Hotel doesn''t offer full canvass. Maybe you need to insist but they don't even offer bone buttons. Don't know about the other WG. I know there's a WG on Charoenkrung Rd and don't know if any of them are associated. But if you can get a full canvass suit for $300 US, with real wool and not a poly blend, go for it.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kianda think that WW Chan is the best option in Hong Kong if you can afford it. Their suits are $2,500...

A couple of weeks ago, Chan sent me a quote for a 2-piece suit in a couple of different fabrics. The Minnis Fresco II was a hair over $1,500, and the Holland & Sherry Crispaire was about $1,820. For most fabrics, I don't think Chan is at the $2,500 level.

woody3691

Reaction score
I visited World Group in All Season Place and asked about full canvass. Salesman was very nice and friendly and informed me the canvass extended to the lapel and rest of the suit was fused. He showed me a sample suit and it was okay but I would prefer RTW.

Tropicalist

Reaction score
I am actually in Bangkok now and picking up 4 suits and 2 jackets from WG in all seasons place-all fully canvassed. However I am a customer of 10 years standing who gives them 200,000 Bhat worth of business a year for the last 10years and have done many many referrals. It is well possible they don't want headache and extra labour of full canvas for new walk in customers.

. Btw usd300 is not the price for a suit- just tailoring. You have to get your own fabric.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Topicalist ... do you think World Group would have the Tom Ford Base A or B pattern on hand in store?  I am looking to get the Tom Ford James Bond suit made and although it looks like they would have it, I was hoping an insider could shed some light.

Tom Ford has a store in HK. If not they had them in Lane crawford last time i was in town but that was like 2009

canada

Reaction score
I previously lived in Asia for an extended period of time and have experience with tailors in a few different countries. The best price/quality I found was at Tailor on Ten in Bangkok. Ordered a bunch of shirts and one suit and am very happy with the final product. Was very easy to communicate with staff as the two brothers than own the shop are native english speakers. Their suits go for around $350 and obviously can spend more or less depending on your choice of fabric.

Reaction score
hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality. For more details check out at http://www.ravensintl.com/index.html

Reaction score
hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality. For more details check out at http://www.ravensintl.com/index.html

Reaction score
hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality.

Reaction score
hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads