1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for Bermuda?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by BlueHorseShoe, May 22, 2012.

1. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Well-Known Member

Will be in Bermuda with SO (both in our mid 20s) for 4 days this coming weekend.

We are staying at the Hamilton Princess close to downtown. Other than a round of golf at Mid Ocean, we have no plans. Any recommendations for must-do activities or restaurants? Any shops in particular worth hunting down?

Thanks!

2. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

Hamilton is (was?) a nice little town. We always stayed at a cottage colony out in Somerset that has sadly gone yuppie (i.e. emphasis on couple's w/ lots of spa-type bullsh!t. All in all, it's a fairly sleepy island, but we haven't been in 20 years...

* Sorry, there was a nice shop called Trimingham's for preppy Bermudian wear, but I have no idea if it still exists

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  3. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Well-Known Member

Hmm, sounds like a place I should be avoiding then. Thanks for the suggestion- apparently Trimingham's shut down permanently in 2005. :violin:

4. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

Don't know if these shops still exist but I recall AS Cooper, Smith's, and Archie Brown also being prep styled shops similar to Trimingham's.