1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recommendation for an Alteration Tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by biglemoncoke, Jan 19, 2013.

1. biglemoncoke

biglemoncoke Member

hello fellow sf'ers

was wondering if anyone has recommendations on a tailor that would do alterations like replacing crotch lining and pockets on my tom ford trousers..

i checked with the local tom ford stores and they said they don't do such alterations....

would be nice to hear from fellow sf'ers who could do such task and i am willing to send them anywhere to have them modified

i know about withoutatrace and french american but only to the extent that they do fabric repairs not sure how they fair in doing the work that i look for.

thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

Where are you?.I'm sure that my tailor can do it.
    However, I'm not sure that he works on clothing
    that arrives in the mail.

3. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

delete

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  4. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Well-Known Member

Yes, location would be helpful. You're not asking for an extremely complicated repair, so any good tailor should be able to do it well.

5. biglemoncoke

biglemoncoke Member

I live in Vancouver, BC so I would essentially be looking to send the suit to a tailor that could get the job done well (as I am in Canada)

thanks for the replies!

6. biglemoncoke

biglemoncoke Member

7. biglemoncoke

biglemoncoke Member