1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

recommend me a WARM jacket

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mastapro, Jan 4, 2012.

1. NormanF

NormanF Well-Known Member

I'd recommend a Spiewak Golden Fleece N3B parka - USA made from Japan. Sells for around $250-300 it has a polyester batted body with a acrylic fur hood lined with a real coyote fur ruff. Its a very warm parka. High quality.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Are you filming a rap video?

1 person likes this.
  3. blairh

blairh Well-Known Member

That specific coat pictured, I believe, is a special edition Chilliwack. And I think it's an older model. It's definitely not a part of the 2011 line.

You are throwing off mixed signals. First you seemed dead set on a CG coat. Now it appears you are open to other brands. If you want real fur on your hood, you are definitely limited to a few brands. If you are okay with faux fur (or no fur) you have options.

I think you should just get a black Chilliwack CG bomber. The real fur will keep you especially warm in super cold days. Plus, I'm sure you will really like it. I might be able to find it for you for $490 online if you want it. Just let me know.

4. mastapro

mastapro Active Member

I know I'm kinda confusing you and myself haha. Basically, I want to buy a jacket NOW if I can find one that is 250$. If not, I am going to canada in march and can pick up a goose. so i'm not set on the goose yet until march comes along. and about that gotham jacket, i was REALLY into getting it until I tried it on at the store, it was super warm but was too baggy and looked weird on me.

5. blairh

blairh Well-Known Member

I would just wait till March then. You seem to really want the CG coat and perhaps in March you'll find some discounts because it's towards the end of winter. For $250 and a little above you can get a bomber with fake or no fur and it most likely will not look nearly as nice as a Chilliwack. (Unless someone here has something in mind.)

6. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

7. gululv

gululv Well-Known Member

I bump this instead of starting a new thread. I'm looking for a warm jacket too, that can keep me warm in temperatures down to -20 (I live in Norway). I had a shearling jacket that was exceptionally warm, but the tailor kind of ruined it, and it's hard finding shearling jackets that look good that don't cost a lot. I could also go for a down jacket. Cabourn has some nice down jackets, but they are normally out of my price range. Rocky Mountain Featherbed looks good too, but seems harder to find this year than earlier.

8. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

9. gululv

gululv Well-Known Member