• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

recommend me a WARM jacket

pimpmystyle

Reaction score

yea that's the thing, i want a combo of looking good and warm. i'm willing to sacrifice a bit of the warmness for looks however...

I'm a big fan of down jackets, especially when they're toasty and well made. I've searched high and low, but there is not that much variation in the basic esthetic design of these jackets. I've managed to find a few good looking down jackets, but I've learned that function is most important in this category.

blairh

Reaction score

Do you know what "moose knuckle" means??
OzAJg.jpg

Yes, I know. Which only adds to how much I hate the idea of a brand called 'Moose Knuckles'. Logo & name are both pathetic.

mastapro

Reaction score

OP, give me your height/weight/body type. I know of some online retailers with certain sizes still available with respect to CG. Also, what colors are you thinking?
The Moose Knuckles patch looks like a set of testicles.

i'm 5'10'' 170 lbs, bit on chubby side. i was thinking of black only for canada goose. my sister, cousin, and friend all have one

blairh

Reaction score

i'm 5'10'' 170 lbs, bit on chubby side. i was thinking of black only for canada goose. my sister, cousin, and friend all have one

You won't find a CG coat for anything close to $250 unless you buy used.

Are you specifically looking for a parka (mid-thigh length) or would you also be open to a bomber coat (hip-length)?

If you haven't already, you should really scan their entire line and see what coats you like. Here is a link to their collection.

Last edited:

mastapro

Reaction score

You won't find a CG coat for anything close to $250 unless you buy used.
Are you specifically looking for a parka (mid-thigh length) or would you also be open to a bomber coat (hip-length)?
If you haven't already, you should really scan their entire line and see what coats you like. Here is a link to their collection.

i like this style

concepts-canada-goose-1-494x365.jpg

I definitely don't want the parka, too long for me. i like the bomber style. and i'm willing to go to 500$ but i would just RATHER find a jacket that's around 250$ and just as warm or fashionable

NormanF

Reaction score
I'd recommend a Spiewak Golden Fleece N3B parka - USA made from Japan. Sells for around $250-300 it has a polyester batted body with a acrylic fur hood lined with a real coyote fur ruff. Its a very warm parka. High quality.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blairh

Reaction score

i like this style
concepts-canada-goose-1-494x365.jpg

I definitely don't want the parka, too long for me. i like the bomber style. and i'm willing to go to 500$ but i would just RATHER find a jacket that's around 250$ and just as warm or fashionable

That specific coat pictured, I believe, is a special edition Chilliwack. And I think it's an older model. It's definitely not a part of the 2011 line.

You are throwing off mixed signals. First you seemed dead set on a CG coat. Now it appears you are open to other brands. If you want real fur on your hood, you are definitely limited to a few brands. If you are okay with faux fur (or no fur) you have options.

I think you should just get a black Chilliwack CG bomber. The real fur will keep you especially warm in super cold days. Plus, I'm sure you will really like it. I might be able to find it for you for $490 online if you want it. Just let me know.

Last edited:

mastapro

Reaction score

That specific coat pictured, I believe, is a special edition Chilliwack. And I think it's an older model. It's definitely not a part of the 2011 line.
You are throwing off mixed signals. First you seemed dead set on a CG coat. Now it appears you are open to other brands. If you want real fur on your hood, you are definitely limited to a few brands. If you are okay with faux fur (or no fur) you have options.
I think you should just get a black Chilliwack CG bomber. The real fur will keep you especially warm in super cold days. Plus, I'm sure you will really like it. I might be able to find it for you for $490 online if you want it. Just let me know.

I know I'm kinda confusing you and myself haha. Basically, I want to buy a jacket NOW if I can find one that is 250$. If not, I am going to canada in march and can pick up a goose. so i'm not set on the goose yet until march comes along. and about that gotham jacket, i was REALLY into getting it until I tried it on at the store, it was super warm but was too baggy and looked weird on me.

blairh

Reaction score

I know I'm kinda confusing you and myself haha. Basically, I want to buy a jacket NOW if I can find one that is 250$. If not, I am going to canada in march and can pick up a goose. so i'm not set on the goose yet until march comes along. and about that gotham jacket, i was REALLY into getting it until I tried it on at the store, it was super warm but was too baggy and looked weird on me.

I would just wait till March then. You seem to really want the CG coat and perhaps in March you'll find some discounts because it's towards the end of winter. For $250 and a little above you can get a bomber with fake or no fur and it most likely will not look nearly as nice as a Chilliwack. (Unless someone here has something in mind.)

Last edited:

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

gululv

Reaction score
I bump this instead of starting a new thread. I'm looking for a warm jacket too, that can keep me warm in temperatures down to -20 (I live in Norway). I had a shearling jacket that was exceptionally warm, but the tailor kind of ruined it, and it's hard finding shearling jackets that look good that don't cost a lot. I could also go for a down jacket. Cabourn has some nice down jackets, but they are normally out of my price range. Rocky Mountain Featherbed looks good too, but seems harder to find this year than earlier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads