1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recommend headphones for working out?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by GusW, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I just buy cheap $7 ones that wrap around my ear. If they fill your ear you might not hear casual conversation and have to take one out frequently just to exchange pleasantries with people. Sound quality doesn't matter since they blast awful music in gyms anyway.

2. BigSur

BigSur Well-Known Member

Koss Sporta Pro fit great, and sound great as well.

3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I ordered a pair of those Mieelectronics.

4. dressedforsuccess

dressedforsuccess Well-Known Member

Good stuff! Hope you like them, I know I have

5. datniche

datniche Well-Known Member

I got some Klipsch X10's recently for the gym. They're great with comply foam tips.

The left one started cutting out though, gotta see about a warranty. Super comfy and great sounding IEM's though.

6. dressedforsuccess

I've heard stories of people ruining their foam tips with sweat...have you not had this problem?

7. datniche

datniche Well-Known Member

My first pair is still fine but I haven't had them very long. I've never had foam tips before this and so far they only get a little sticky-ish. It's probably a reasonable concern that they wouldn't last impressively long or anything though..still my preferred tip.

8. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

i too, have copped the M6s. we'll see how they do.

9. dressedforsuccess

Please post back your impressions. Let's see if we can steer people away from ibuds and beats :D

10. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

Just opened up the package, they sound really good. they go quite a bit further in the ear canal and seal really nicely, so there is a very good bass response.

11. atr35

atr35 New Member

Have been using and recommending Shure's. There relatively price ones are just under $100 or $49 for starting price.

12. Patek

Patek Well-Known Member

I cannot wear earbuds as they fall out of my ears. Whenever I buy an i-product, the earbuds go straight to the trash. I need the kind that hook behind the ears.

I had a pair of Phillips that I bought at the drug store that lasted me a couple years but sounded like crap. I travel a lot for work so I did not want to have to carry workout headphones and "good" headphones. So, I decided to combine the two. I went upmarket with a set of Bang & Olufsen that I purchased on Amazon in orange:

http://www.amazon.com/Bang-Olufsen-...QH0O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1327417355&sr=8-6

Really happy with them and they have the best earphone sound by far. The aluminum and adjustibility is really nice. My girlfriend is a musician and her producer sent her one of her tracks that he was working on. She borrowed my earphones to listed to her track and she was blow away. If you have $165 to spend I highly recommend these.

13. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Well-Known Member

I have the Sennheiser OMX 680i

I got these for free from the apple store because I had to wait for several hours while they dealt with my computer. So far they work really well for the gym. The sound quality is definitely nothing special, but they are great with an ipod at the gym.

-LR

14. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

So, I've had these for about a month now and they are ideal for my workouts. They have a bright tone and are loud compared to others I have tried. That is perfect for a noisy gym when you want to hear the news, etc.

I wan't sure about the around the ear thing but they are quite comfortable. I can also hear people talking if needed. These don't muffle outside noise which I think is good for safety reasons.

To me, audiophile sound quality isn't the best for a gym. It blocks some outside noise and while working out seems muffled. I use completely different headphones for travel and music appreciation when I want to escape and really listen to music.

[​IMG]

15. dressedforsuccess

Those are ironman yurbuds right? I think you can actually buy the cool rubber tip thing that makes them stay in so well as a attachment for ipod headphones, if anyone is looking to save some money (I believe they're around $20)

16. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

You have a link for that? I'm trying out the M6's tonight after my Koss Porta Pro's crapped out on me.

17. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

But you can buy these for about $20. There is a big difference between the plastic or hard rubber loops that go behind the ear. What is impressive about these is that they are soft and a bit gummy so that they don't move even when you are sweaty.