1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a watch dealer in Singapore

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Montesquieu, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Omega 75

Omega 75 New Member

Bought from Zeetan Asked for New Watch Omega 45.5 Caliber 8500, Zeetan replied that watch is new never worn I received used watch or I could guess show room sample
    No tags, missing plastic covers, scratch on the buckle ,Box is old dirty and with scratch marks inside and out Whole package was not up to cost of the watch with all fees and charges
    $5K Yes it less than $6200MSRP but Look if you need NEW watch you should buy from Authorized dealer NOT ZEETAN or other guys who got their watches god knows from where. I contact Zeetan asked him for discount for USED watch had no reply back, asked for NEW box after sending me another crappy box that was scratched all over the place He finally send me a NEW box thanks for MY $5K Don't kid yourself if you want piece of mind 100% authenticity 100% back up of Manufacturer buy from Authorized Dealer Otherwise it is just Gamble, some guys offer to return the watch but look do you want to stay without watch even used and money? plus to issue the refund is UP to dealer Who usually located half around the world In addition want to mentioned some other watch forums Watchnet .com for example is totally run by dealers and you hardly get any truthful information on them, all complains about their dealers even grey one like Zeetan are watched very carefully and all threads that are expose them are being removed very quickly So Good Luck!

2. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

So you joined SF just to rant about Zeetan?

3. Jaddon

Jaddon New Member

Hi Omega 75, I know this is an ageing post but I have been looking at a purchasing a new Breitling watch and after a lot of research have come with the conclusion, in my opinion all the watches on these discount web sites are second hand and been sold as discounted new watches. I may be wrong but unlikely. Plus the warranty they offer is worthless. Another risk is they are blending in fakes with the second hand watches which these days look very close to the real item (on the outside) and are likely to fall apart and be battery operated not mechanical. Its only my opinion but I have no intention of been ripped off by paying too much for a second hand watch or worse a fake watch. If I wanted a fake I would buy one for $99.00 USD.

I have chosen to seek a watch from an Australian authorised dealer and would appreciate some recommendations on some good dealers. I feel having the peace of mind of a authentic Breitling and knowing I have the Breitling factory warranty is worth paying a bit extra. Cheers.

4. Jaddon

Jaddon New Member

After going in to see a local dealer I could not be happier. I tried on few few watches which all looked amazing and was then offered an amazing discount without asking for one.

I recommend talking to your local dealer first and then make you own decision form there. What was a big difference was how a watch in a picture (including manufacture websites) looks very different to the real item. Even if I were to buy online I would decently go into a shop to look at the items first and see how they look on your wrist. We are all different and the opinions of others on the internet may or may not suit your taste (or wrist size).

No one did reply back to me but that is ok as the wise man will always prevail.