1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

With the patches it's very functional! You could remove them to polish your car, for instance.

2. scott.m

scott.m Well-Known Member

if only i had a car! hopefully it'll protect my elbows from the dangers of retail.[​IMG]

3. BossTweed

BossTweed Well-Known Member

what's that supposed to mean?

good question. i was drunk sf surfing... i think it was intended as a compliment of sorts.

4. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

functionality? it's a fucking collared shirt hahha.
    yeah, functionality....you know....how easily it integrates with other types of clothing, its appropriateness for different events/settings, etc.
    good question. i was drunk sf surfing... i think it was intended as a compliment of sorts.
    ah ok. nice

5. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

i was drunk sf surfing

you have plenty of company here. 90% of the people who start new threads seem to be drunk.

6. seany

seany Well-Known Member

Picked up a yellow and blue button up, and some linen/cotton shorts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

yeah, functionality....you know....how easily it integrates with other types of clothing, its appropriateness for different events/settings, etc.\\

You mean wearability.

8. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Junya's elbow patch fetish does nothing for me

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

love that junya

10. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

yeah, functionality....you know....how easily it integrates with other types of clothing, its appropriateness for different events/settings, etc. ah ok. nice
    Just like lolanvin sneaks

11. scott.m

scott.m Well-Known Member

You mean wearability.
    correct. and it is plenty wearable when toned down appropriately, which i am more than capable of with my other junya pieces, i'm sure you'll come to notice i never wear head to toe junya because thats just too much in my opinion. and as far as being apropriate for events, at my age i have no events besides getting drunk with fashion school girls, i think it will serve it's function plenty.

12. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

You mean wearability.

I think the correct term is versatility, I'm quite sure wearability has to do with endurance.

13. chroMe

chroMe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ordered some shoes for the gym - used a FB facebook code for 20% off.

14. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

Just like lolanvin sneaks

uhhhh. what are you smoking? most lanvins may not be considered "formal" but you can easily wear most of them with jeans, trousers, suits and shorts.

aside from black/white tie events, id say you could wear lanvins to most events if you combine them with the proper pants and a very well-fitted blazer.

15. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

I think the correct term is versatility, I'm quite sure wearability has to do with endurance.

The text-book definition of wearability is indeed endurance, but it is used colloquially to define a garment's ability to be worn respectably within the context of the average wardrobe of the average wearer.
    Durability is the accepted term regarding endurance.
    Versatility is indeed synonymous with wearability, though it is moreso used for items that can be worn across various genres or styles - such as a white tee - rather than whether an item can be 'pulled off' or 'worked into' a wardrobe which is considered it's wearability.

16. pronxs

pronxs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ordered some shoes for the gym - used a FB facebook code for 20% off.

for the GYM?

1 person likes this.
  17. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Well-Known Member

I wear running shoes to the gym, but what do I know.

18. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Thrifting girl and I went out tonight and I found a 1950s Melton red/black plaid hunters jacket and a Rich Sher tan wool thigh-length (short) topcoat. $7 total.

I now have more coats/jackets in my closet than I've owned before over my entire lifetime. This has to stop.

19. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Thrifting girl and I went out tonight and I found a 1950s Melton red/black plaid hunters jacket and a Rich Sher tan wool thigh-length (short) topcoat. $7 total.

I now have more coats/jackets in my closet than I've owned before over my entire lifetime. This has to stop.

Why?

(I hope you spent more on her, or she might start saying that...)

20. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Why?

(I hope you spent more on her, or she might start saying that...)

Hey, I paid for dinner, desert, and a bottle of wine at a nice Italian restaurant. I think I held up my end.

And as for why--how many freaking coats/jackets does one person need? It's starting to feel a little like I'm hoarding. The thing is though when you see a great jacket or coat for $3.50 that otherwise might sell for 10 times that in a vintage boutique--or that might have an equivalent new retailing for hundreds--it is impossible to pass up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.