1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garmis

garmis Well-Known Member

AriGold, SNS sweater looks great!

2. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

they made plenty but i didn;t see any make it to sale and the retail price was $1700. kunk don't pay retail.
    did they make many of those liquid(?) shiny suits too?

3. skeptic

skeptic Well-Known Member

Fit on the SNS Origo looks good, just a little long.

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

dunno, wasn't looking for them. i actually like my suits kind of boring.

did they make many of those liquid(?) shiny suits too?

5. adidasaj

adidasaj Active Member

I'm hoping this does run a little small like I've read.

[​IMG]

I just wanted to say -- and sorry if it was originally posted a while ago -- that I love that jacket.

By the way, is there much interest in more urban clothing on this forum? I tend to lean toward subtle and formal, but I do also enjoy wearing a relaxed pair of Evisu jeans and a BAPE sweater. I don't like my casual clothing too loud or baggy (no super wide daicock jeans with Bapestas), but I get a small impression that any sort of clothing like that isn't what people typically share on this forum.

Just curious because I have some new stuff I'd be happy to share to try get to better know the community (and vice versa), but I'm not sure what sort of response I would get if I posted my new BAPE items alongside, say, my new Y3 sneakers, or if I'd likely be better off just sharing the sneakers.

If you former doesn't interest most people here, I respect that, so I'd definitely just post what fits in here.

6. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

By the way, is there much interest in more urban clothing on this forum? I tend to lean toward subtle and formal, but I do also enjoy wearing a relaxed pair of Evisu jeans and a BAPE sweater. I don't like my casual clothing too loud or baggy (no super wide daicock jeans with Bapestas), but I get a small impression that any sort of clothing like that isn't what people typically share on this forum.

Just curious because I have some new stuff I'd be happy to share to try get to better know the community (and vice versa), but I'm not sure what sort of response I would get if I posted my new BAPE items alongside, say, my new Y3 sneakers, or if I'd likely be better off just sharing the sneakers.

If you former doesn't interest most people here, I respect that, so I'd definitely just post what fits in here.

I wouldn't bother. Mad respect, though.

7. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Mottled red lambswool caridgan, red lambswool button sweater vest, painter pants cords, pleated cords. All vintage, all free, from a coworker. Not sure I'll keep the cords, but the sweaters are awesome, circa early 1960s, funky metal buttons/

8. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

Uh oh. You're gonna make Kunk start fiending for the CK collection coat again with that pic. Those lanvin knit pants look really nice too. Nice high quality images too. Too bad that site only has recaps and not as many full collections though.

yeah the fotos are awesome.

they made plenty but i didn;t see any make it to sale and the retail price was $1700. kunk don't pay retail.

which of those in the pic did you want most?

9. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] on sale for 25$

10. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

11. flojpenn

flojpenn Member

clarks originals desert boot- beeswax

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^awesome, pics?

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

iirc, the middle one that looks like a down coat, not the blazers.

yeah the fotos are awesome.

which of those in the pic did you want most?

14. Althis

Althis Well-Known Member

snagged a pair of BNIB AE byrons off ebay

15. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

sq good cop i wish I had been fast enough to get this one (gone in US 10):

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/article/57861/lanvin/89/

that's sad. i was gonna get them last week but they weren't on sale and I went ahead and got something else...

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    on sale for 25$

ugh logo tees are awful. a&f

*buys indistinguishable RRL logo tee*

17. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

ugh logo tees are awful. a&f *buys indistinguishable RRL logo tee*
    I know, I know but I don't think most people on the street even know what rrl is so it's not like i bought it to scream LOOK RRL! plus 25 for a shirt to wear around isn't bad

18. c00kz

c00kz Well-Known Member

Well, it kind of is.

19. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

My SNS herning wool knit from tresbien arrived today - but it turns out to be purple instead of sea blue!

I'm not sure about how it fits on me and whether or not i should of sized down - the model wears size L and i'm similar size to the model. He wears it kind of loose but i'm not sure if it would look better more fitted - it's kind of loosely fitted. Anyways here are some fit pics, opinions would greatly be appreciated!

The weight and quality of the wool is absolutely beautiful though, which makes me kind of sad to have this fit dilema.

Very nice sweater. I have that coming into me in navy, but almost snatched the purple thinking it was black at first, but I like the color of yours though. I think the fit works well, but as some others mentioned maybe a tad long in body length but I think if you sized down it would be too short/small everywhere else.

Along the SNS line, here's my new Stark Cardigan in Steel Gray fresh out the box and as soon as I got home from work. I love the pattern and the wool is great, thick and warm:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^nice pickup tonio, begging for jeans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.