1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

BB1, sales are nothing more than a mechanism used to create impulse purchases, needlessly increasing consumption and frequently burdening the buyer with pieces they probably would not have bought otherwise.

Haha, I was about to say that

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you too, shoreman!!!

3. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Well-Known Member

BB1, sales are nothing more than a mechanism used to create impulse purchases, needlessly increasing consumption and frequently burdening the buyer with pieces they probably would not have bought otherwise.
    [​IMG] I just fell victim to this mechanism. I bought a Prouve standard chair that was 50% off. It was a bargain, dammit, and it's going to look great gathering dust in the basement! edit- Wait, I get it now. cross-thread-references, yikes.

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

5. snake

snake Well-Known Member

Flathead dual-strand leather/silver bracelet. [​IMG]

6. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

Congrats, BB1. Did you get it in black or grey? Don't like the grey, the black is beautiful though.
    I got it in the "charcoal" color, which I guess is gray. I specifically wanted the gray since all my other jackets are dark black and I'd like to have more variety in my outerwear. I talked to someone who's seen the gray version in person and they told me that color looks far better in person than in the above pictures. And I already happen love how it looks in the pictures anyway.
    Yeah yeah, I figured someone would say that. Hey I'm not perfect, but it is a good general rule I try to follow nonetheless. Believe it or not, I was already planning on getting that exact jacket at the higher price. But when I went to look at it again last night I noticed the store had just marked it down the very same day to 50% off. So it was still largely a planned purchase as opposed to a new piece I only started seriously considering after the arrival of a sale. Maybe my rule would be better stated as: "Only buy items at a sale if you'd also be willing to buy them at full price."

7. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

Hot damn, Oki-Ni ship fast, ordered on Thursday, arrived in Australia on Monday! I think I like DHL.

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

and here i am waiting for my shipments from ny to arrive 5 days later [​IMG]

9. naaaaate

naaaaate Well-Known Member

And here I am waiting for my uniqlo shipment from 9 days ago and SGX (??) tracking says its been sitting in cincinatti with the status of INCORRECT ADDRESS since wednesday!!! [​IMG]

Those uniqlo long johns really are keeping me warm right now!!!! [​IMG]

10. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

sns herning stark in olde green
    sns herning naval crew neck in navy and off white

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Maybe my rule would be better stated as: "Only buy items at a sale if you'd also be willing to buy them at full price."

I was just giving you a hard time--not a bad rule, but tough to stick to, especially if your tastes outstrip your budget.

As for recent purchases, I recently bought a pair of EG pants and a WWM maine guide, which apparenly put Mauro out of business [​IMG]

12. junebugmm

junebugmm Well-Known Member

[​IMG] The whole look. Haha, jk. Just the sweater.

13. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

14. Threak

Threak Well-Known Member

And here I am waiting for my uniqlo shipment from 9 days ago and SGX (??) tracking says its been sitting in cincinatti with the status of INCORRECT ADDRESS since wednesday!!! [​IMG]

I had the same thing happen. The strange thing was that they called the house first notifiying that they'd be delivering a package that day before 11 and someone needed to be home to sign for it, but they never showed up. Later they updated the tracking location as Cincinnati with an incorrect address (I live in California). Finally DHL delivered the package a few days later.

15. arsenik509

arsenik509 Active Member

16. bigfarva

bigfarva Active Member

[​IMG]

wheres this from

17. Fluery

Fluery Well-Known Member

wheres this from

Appears to be a Penfield Kasson Jacket. Try viewing the image directly and getting the name from the file name...it's how I found out.

18. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Well-Known Member

19. arsenik509

arsenik509 Active Member

Appears to be a Penfield Kasson Jacket. Try viewing the image directly and getting the name from the file name...it's how I found out.

correct

20. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Well-Known Member

DH 17.5 cm raws- they are awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.