1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

the shoes look fine btw

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

3. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

lol streetwear and denim told you jeans are too casual for public school? you're too young for mc dude, stick around here and enjoy your young life while you can
    Sometimes I wonder if the MC forum is appropriate for anyone outside of an attorney, finance professional, CEO, or someone who attends church in the South where putting on your "Sunday Best" is expected. Nearly all my male relatives (including even those over 50 years old) wear denim everywhere including to work at a professional jobs making over $100,000. About the only time they would dress similar to MC forum is for a wedding or funeral. Yet, there the MC forum is chatting about pocket squares and ascots. These are clearly guys whom mostly like dressing that way, rather than being required or expected to. Age doesn't have much to do with it other than the fact that older generations will be a bit more open and accepting of such conservative "dressed up" attire vs. high school where you will be mocked and ostracized for attempting to dress differently than your peers. Honestly, the only people I know whom dress like MC forum are over 80 years old!

4. junebugmm

junebugmm Well-Known Member

Looks great on you albeit a bit too tight on the thighs.

5. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

They're not tight in the thigh at all ...

6. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

never heard of mr. olive, but thanks for the blurb
    no.
    -_- it's not like you have any better taste with your wack givenchy sneakers.
    You want to paypal me some money to buy Kiton's? Will that make you happy? It is all about let's see how much money we can waste on one thing with you people. You guys won't be happy unless you pay full retail for something very exclusive. The shoes are great, they are solid, well made shoes. I don't see what is wrong with them. Oh and because they have Nike Air for comfort is soooooooo bad. I am sorry, I have to destroy my feet at the age of 17 to look decent. I am sorry I am not ruining my feet anymore than they already have been by those overpriced pieces of shit you call Ferregamo. I am 17 and already dress 3x my age and you all still keep complaining. I am already stopped wearing jeans because this forum felt it was way to casual for PUBLIC SCHOOL.
    but way to act your age. stop whining like a little bitch and take criticism like a man. just tell ppllzz to fuck off. cole haan (and ferragamo somewhat, excluding tramezza) takes some shit on this board because there a lot better options out there at that price point. construction and fit wise. search the b&s threads. sometimes (like right now) you can get c&j for $250. awhile ago yoox had them for like $80. and just so you know most people on the board are real spendthrifts. most people don't pay retail for absolutely anything.

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder if the MC forum is appropriate for anyone outside of an attorney, finance professional, CEO, or someone who attends church in the South where putting on your "Sunday Best" is expected.

Honestly, the only people I know whom dress like MC forum are over 80 years old!

I worked sales in a downtown modern architectural and design showroom (furniture/lighting - think Eames and B&B). If I had the dosh back then, I totally would have dressed like that.

In fact, after five years doing it, I barely had a 'casual' wardrobe. It honed my ability to thrift and piece cheap stuff together with the occasional high-end or vintage piece.

Now? I'm not sure if any of my dressier stuff has even seen the light of day except for a funeral two weeks ago ;-)

Working in architecture these days, I have an excuse to still wear that, but frankly, with just my casual colleagues to dress for, who's keeping tabs? Now all my extra cash goes to casual.

Urban sales jobs and those of leisure seem to be the two areas where you can pull that shit off.

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

You want to paypal me some money to buy Kiton's? Will that make you happy? It is all about let's see how much money we can waste on one thing with you people. You guys won't be happy unless you pay full retail for something very exclusive. The shoes are great, they are solid, well made shoes. I don't see what is wrong with them. Oh and because they have Nike Air for comfort is soooooooo bad. I am sorry, I have to destroy my feet at the age of 17 to look decent. I am sorry I am not ruining my feet anymore than they already have been by those overpriced pieces of shit you call Ferregamo. I am 17 and already dress 3x my age and you all still keep complaining. I am already stopped wearing jeans because this forum felt it was way to casual for PUBLIC SCHOOL.

is this post a joke? I can't tell

9. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

I am 17 and already dress 3x my age and you all still keep complaining. I am already stopped wearing jeans because this forum felt it was way to casual for PUBLIC SCHOOL.

LOL, if I actually listened to alot of the advice posted here I would be one unhappy person.

Sometimes I wonder if the MC forum is appropriate for anyone not living in 1935.

ftfm

10. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

i recently bought a pair of brand spanking new C&J for RL for 80 bucks shipped. i think they were just slightly below handgrade standards. your cole haans were $100 bucks, i take issue with how EXPENSIVE they are, not with how inferior they are compared with my cheaper shoes. if they were cheaper than my C&J then maybe you would have a point, but not only are they more expensive, the brand has less prestige, the construction is worse, and the materials are worse. also, they are uglier. thats why i think its a bad buy.

11. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

never heard of mr. olive, but thanks for the blurb

Mr. Olive is a Japanese mainstream designer brand that has very high quality for the price. It is priced similarly to a brand like Wings+Horns but provides slightly higher quality.

I worked sales in a downtown modern architectural and design showroom (furniture/lighting - think Eames and B&B). If I had the dosh back then, I totally would have dressed like that.

Yeah, I forgot to mention "sales". Often those guys have to dress-up a bit more, even in parts of the country where nobody dresses up.

12. erdawe

erdawe Well-Known Member

i recently bought a pair of brand spanking new C&J for RL for 80 bucks shipped. i think they were just slightly below handgrade standards. your cole haans were $100 bucks, i take issue with how EXPENSIVE they are, not with how inferior they are compared with my cheaper shoes. if they were cheaper than my C&J then maybe you would have a point, but not only are they more expensive, the brand has less prestige, the construction is worse, and the materials are worse. also, they are uglier. thats why i think its a bad buy.
    Why the hell do you care what another person spends on shoes on the internet? The deal you got on yoox is an anomaly and only comes around once in a blue moon. Hell, I doubt if it weren't for SF you would've even known what C&J quality is or even found the deal you did. Not all Cole Haan offerings are utter crap, and are perfectly wearable shoes. I also doubt any of his peers would notice the difference between say CH or C&J, they both will like dressy shoes worn with jeans to them. People on this board take themselves too seriously at times.

13. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i recently bought a pair of brand spanking new C&J for RL for 80 bucks shipped. i think they were just slightly below handgrade standards.

your cole haans were $100 bucks, i take issue with how EXPENSIVE they are, not with how inferior they are compared with my cheaper shoes. if they were cheaper than my C&J then maybe you would have a point, but not only are they more expensive, the brand has less prestige, the construction is worse, and the materials are worse. also, they are uglier. thats why i think its a bad buy.

goddamn shut the fuck up. you've been on here for a year and a half and you're still a fucking tool.

14. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

happy day, the item I was stalking on Yoox finally went on sale after 3 months!

and ppllzz, don't use your once in a lifetime $80 C&J find on Yoox to downgrade shoes that cost only slightly more, it's a dick move. Yeah I wouldn't buy Cole Haans myself but for a young guy they are pretty good shoes IMO and look a helluava lot better than any square toed or bicycle striped "dress shoes" 95% of his colleagues are wearing.

15. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Well-Known Member

This is a terrible argument. Cheap C&Js come around like...never.

16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

ppllzz will never catch a break, LOL.

17. ldanny

ldanny Well-Known Member

Surprise in the mail, finally got my old man shoes that I've been waiting forever on. Been wanting burgundy shoes. Still waiting on my black captoes though.

[​IMG]

what are these? they look great.

18. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

just saying its a bad buy, thats all. people on here treat 100 bucks like its nothing but its actually not an insubstantial amount of money...

dont blow it on a pair of cole haans that are "on sale" (in quotations because those things are always on sale), spend it on something else, is all im trying to say.

19. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those the Red-Ds? If so we can form a gang and you can hold my pocket.

20. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

what are these? they look great.
    fratelli rossetti in horsehide (not shell though) they're a terrible buy though as they aren't c&j for less than $100!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.