1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

why all the hate on fuuma's shoes?

Waaayy better than those rick moonboots you've been pushing andy....

the moon boots look cool -_-

ok seriously which looks more comfortable, margiela german army trainers or rick dunks???

i think i will buy a pair of margielas and see if they are really that good. what is a reasonable price to pay for a pair?

(i have these in my dreambox but 230 seems outrageous for a lowtop that looks this plain)

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=16...9416_7_7_FM_70

2. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

how about you just go try them on.....

no reason to buy, yet.

and comfort is subjective. I have feet flatter than frodo so both shoes are equally uncomfortable without an orthotic.

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

the moon boots look cool -_-

ok seriously which looks more comfortable, margiela german army trainers or rick dunks???

i think i will buy a pair of margielas and see if they are really that good. what is a reasonable price to pay for a pair?

(i have these in my dreambox but 230 seems outrageous for a lowtop that looks this plain)

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=16...9416_7_7_FM_70

Rick sneakers are shoddily constructed...you buy them for the look.

MMM low tops retail for something like $425, you can probably find them for less than $300. In Europe they retail for a lot less, I paid €150 for mine (retail is a little bit over €200).

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Now are certain articles of designer clothing relatively overpriced, in the sense that the profit margin is higher, sure. It's still up to me to decide if I want a cheaper alternative or if the added design and construction elements make it worth it. In that case they do.

This is what it boils down to. It's a value judgement.

5. bwsbbc

bwsbbc Well-Known Member

$230 for a pair of laceless MMM sneakers. Please tell me what justifies this? At least wait until they go on yoox supersale or something.

6. onion

onion Well-Known Member

$230 for a pair of laceless MMM sneakers. Please tell me what justifies this? At least wait until they go on yoox supersale or something.

Please read what Fuuma and LA Guy literally just fucking said about them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

the quality on MMM sneakers is very high and I personally like the leather used more than that on CPs. are they worth retail? I'd say no, but I think they are worth $200 or so

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

There is about 1 noob worth keeping for every 50 worthless noobs.

9. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

10. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

i dont like the mmm high top design, but im sure the quality is good. i havent seen the new leather they've been using this season in person yet

11. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

I kinda liked the hi top ones from last season in off white and cream.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

^ I have those, I have short legs so I find them hard to wear, sort of. Not as hard as Rick dunks but the puffy tongue is kinda eh, I wish it was padded but stitch quilted and less puffy, it's not even the height that bothers me as much as that. It's a cool shoe I guess though, can't think of any other sneakers that appeal to me right now.

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

+1 to this ridicule.

The internet is good fun and can inform us but there are limits to how much knowledge it can deliver. By analogy, who knows more about a woman, the "I saw her on the internet" guy or the "yeah I nailed her last week" guy?

My left hand knows a hell of a lot though.

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

15. Oxnard

Oxnard Well-Known Member

lol material niceness on a pair of shoes is worthless... after 10 wears the inside leather will be flat and worn, and you'll wish it was a nike sock liner
    worthless on shoes. seriously those things are gonna get so beat up after a few wears. and usually the "nicer" (eg softer) something is the quicker it will wear down. on a leather that may be fine. on a pair of shoes???
    what do yall think of the hi tops

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Footwear/...invt/mm0257gry

are these worth it at like 320ish

Are you serious? You go from saying how the mmm trainers are basically a bad purchase because of the leather to asking if you should buy them? I cannot decide if this is a better representation of a group-think mentality or a fucking idiot mentality. Not trying to pile on here, but dude cmon, if your gonna be a flip flopper at least flop in a different thread than the one you flipped in!

16. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

Are you serious? You go from saying how the mmm trainers are basically a bad purchase because of the leather to asking if you should buy them? I cannot decide if this is a better representation of a group-think mentality or a fucking idiot mentality. Not trying to pile on here, but dude cmon, if your gonna be a flip flopper at least flop in a different thread than the one you flipped in!

what? they convinced me that MMM was worth a try. plus if i ever want to prove them wrong i need to buy a pair and try it out. i just need to get it at a decent price so when i resell (cuz the shoes will suck) i only lose like 100 or so

17. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

just give me the $100, will save oyu time

18. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

what? they convinced me that MMM was worth a try. plus if i ever want to prove them wrong i need to buy a pair and try it out. i just need to get it at a decent price so when i resell (cuz the shoes will suck) i only lose like 100 or so

you're the best troll

19. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

how am i trolling. i am merely acknowledging the sad reality that is my SF/sufu/ebay sales--i always take a 30-40% loss on what i paid even if the thing looks new, and i dont like most things i buy.

20. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

Just picked up a couple new things. I had another heavier weight filed jacket from LeeBaron Fashions and a Howard Yount linen pocket square. Also picked up a couple new jeans. Decided to try APC to see what all the hype is about and I am very happy with them. Took advantage of the Osa sale a couple weeks ago for a new Filson tote.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.