• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
you notice how the medium slip ons are way wide? my feet look tiny in mine, dont wear them b/c of that

Actually, funny you should say that. The night before I went to the store, I was going to order them from Zappos and all the feedback said "shoes run 1 size too large".

The width is perfect. Anyway, I purposely bought one size lower. That's what you should have done. They are perfect!

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
tangerine, nice photo. Your hands look huge though. Gigantic.
laugh.gif

I used to make a living, man, pickin' the banana!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
sygyzy love the pumas

I picked up some loafers, denim on the sides and dove grey leather on the top all the way to the vamp with a brown heel.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the prettiest things around admittedly but they look decent enough, are comfortable as hot weather lightweight shoes and are decent as driving shoes, too!

Puma Future Cats

1733-230255-p.jpg

John11f

Reaction score
PBJ AI-001
SDA athretic association shirt
SDA motorcycle club shirt
jose padilla cafe solo cd
lightning vol. 9 denim stylebook
sugarcane vintage denim detergent
martin margiela brown trousers

Reaction score
Hey John11f, welcome. Have you used the SC detergent yet? I still don't perfectly understand what to do with the denim treatment----soak the jeans in it after the wash???

John11f

Reaction score
thanks ddml. no i haven't bought them out of impulse. as you may well know, i have yet to break in most of my jeans. i figure i won't be using these detergent in a long while.
confused.gif

Reaction score
Well, I don't plan to use the detergent for a while myself------it should take my some time to decode the Japanese instructions....

I remember your vast collection, by the way. You have some work ahead.

Anyway, having that detergent on hand is a nice security blanket-----it eases my mind when I'm hiking sloppy trails or mucking about in the city.

Roland

Reaction score
Lucian Pellat Finet X Vans Slip-Ons
Heat by Bill Buford
Pig Perfect by Peter Kaminsky
Perfect 10 - Summer 06
Versions - Thivery Corporation
CKU - Prima Trunks

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrBot
Those topsiders are awesome. Where did you get them in that color?

I got them at a place in town (Santa Barbara, CA). They have a darker brown too. It's not exclusive to the store. They are just Modern Amusement x Sperry. You can get them from Barney's or the MA website.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
14l65jn.jpg
14l67hj.jpg
14l68e9.jpg
14l68w2.jpg
matching belt:
152gl1f.jpg
number (n)ine thin lamb suede silk lined riders jacket
14l698j.jpg
14l6arn.jpg
how it looks worn:
152glcn.jpg
152gl8n.jpg
152gl6h.jpg

Reaction score
I LOVE those Poells. Do you have a motorcycle?

I hesitate to buy motorcycle jackets without having a motorcycle, though that doesn't stop me from buying trucker jackets and trucker wallets.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
haha everyone in korea asked me that (all the leatherworkers i bought leather goods from for people on the other SF were bikers) and they would show me pictures of their harleys and them on their harleys. so i would have to answer- no i don't have one... yet.
smile.gif
anyway, this wouldn't be suitable for a motorcyle- as LA guy ranted about (i think it was him) this is made of thin butter soft lamb suede. if i fell off a motorcycle in this the jacket would probably disintegrate. but... the ladies will love the texture
wink.gif
trade offs eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads