• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^she's a size 2. don't think you've lost that much weight.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^tempting but i'm going to pass.
smile.gif

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chronoaug;1507375 said:
Dammit. PEOPLE. QUIT ASKING OTHERS TO DRESS YOU. Members will help you but show some damn initiative.QUOTE]

I agree with the take some initiative part. Before StyleForum I was into the whole AF (Yes I'm guilty of this), GAP (Partly b/c I had part time job there) PDC, etc. But after reading and scanning the different threads about fits / brands I soon educated myself about the fitting of clothes. Bear in mind I am far from an expert and I'm still learning - but I do think you have to read the different threads. One can not just come up and say "DRESS ME." You take what you see here and try to make it wor for you depending on your body type and taste. There are lots of things on this thread I myself don't wear, but I can appreciate it, eg. I can understand the whole "NO BREAK" in pants - Gives it a cleaner streamline look, especially with slim fitting tops (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong). But to me sometimes it looks a little short. I'm still trying to pull a trigger on a slimmer pair of jeans since the jeans I wear (Oni Red / Flathead 3003) are consider loose. As for the runway look, yes again I don't see myself pulling that off, but on certain people they can, more power to them. Dressing well on a budget is hard but not impossible. Always keep your eyes open for sales (People in the US is so lucky with all the crazy sales going on) / Ebay and B&S thread is awsome.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually liked the "Gay Israeli Clown Prostitute" outfit!

You are not being asked to assimilate, in all actuality I would rather not see assimilation, because, as others have voiced, WAYWT is starting to stagnate. Just go for quality, and don't be afraid to stray outside this safety net in this quest.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
I actually liked the "Gay Israeli Clown Prostitute" outfit!

Thank you. I did too and i'm not worried. To quote the immortal 3LW:

Playas, they gonna play
And haters, they gonna hate
Ballers, they gonna ball
Shot callers, they gonna call
That ain't got nothin' to do
With me and you
That's the way it is

teacha.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Thank you. I did too and i'm not worried. To quote the immortal 3LW:

Playas, they gonna play
And haters, they gonna hate
Ballers, they gonna ball
Shot callers, they gonna call
That ain't got nothin' to do
With me and you
That's the way it is

teacha.gif

laugh.gif

I forgot all about 3LW.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vietnam era OG-107 fatigue pants in a rare 35 length.
og_01_1125_01.jpg
I have crazy amounts of pants, really need to stop right now! These have been on my wish list for awhile though...

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Damn, not a single purchase in three pages. Socal, you gonna give us some fit pics of the yohji jacket? If I win the lottery, I will wear Yohji daily.

swordfish01

Reaction score
1168.jpg
My old stickman shirt is on its last legs.. was excited to see some new ones released by PJ in 2008.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice .. plaid? Yohji coat. Pics of wearing it soon I hope.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Really? Hmm...

Maybe we need to revisit a some of your recent fits, mainly one in particular. Say, we'll make it a game so that the kids at home can play along, too:

gay_buenos_aires.jpg
+
israel_flag.jpg
+
clown.jpg
+
prostitute.JPG
=

Any guesses???

If he was as hot as the guys in the first pic, I would have already checked up on it.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&M peacoat
2 H&M tees (just basic solid-colored crewnecks)
APC New Cures

Cali

Reaction score
Some things I picked up recently
IMG_1433-1.jpg
H&M x Viktor & Rolf Peacoat Alden Modified Last COrdovan Boots Nike x Loopwheeler T Flat Head Key Hook
IMG_1438-1.jpg
Oh and these too: Flat Head F380
593c2b29846b1b4b258bb9a6183a44a7.image.160x240.jpg
Flat Head Cordovan Card holder
d6c13a4835565c6be8a91d0f09126dd6.image.160x240.jpg
As usual, if something doesn't work out it will be up in the FS section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads