1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokestack

Smokestack Well-Known Member

This was a size XL and fits my head, which is big but not huge, pretty perfectly. I picked it up at Odin on Lafayette. They had others on display (a red patterned one, I remember). All in all, they had quite a nice selection from Woolrich.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Raf Simons black wool cowl button collar zip front jacket. It's Barneys ad look this season for Raf. The cut of the body is the same as this jacket from the runway.
    [​IMG]
    (the cut)
    [​IMG]

Do you know, I was considering buying that jacket; however, I felt that the zipper was rather shoddy for the price.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

"old"/"real" Helmut Lang inside-out black jeans [​IMG]

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

got the plum overdyed BoO oxford from Context today...great color, interesting that the buttons (dark grey/black) are plastic on these, not MoP. not a big deal but you'd think BoO would have sourced some smoky grey MoP to keep the material level the same across all their shirts

also got my Dry Bones "red-D" jeans from Self Edge....great fit from hips to leg, perfect. The waist feels a bit tighter than their website lists, but I was able to button them and am waiting for the 1" stretch that occurs over a few weeks. Right now I'm def muffin topping it a tad and my balls ache [​IMG]

5. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

wet em, stretch em and post a fit!

6. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

I don't normally post photos of myself or divulge my recent purchases, but I thought I would make an exception since these might be of interest to anyone looking for a cheap, fairly slim pair of cords for the fall. GAP low-rise straight-fit cords [​IMG]

7. keykoo

keykoo Well-Known Member

got the plum overdyed BoO oxford from Context today...great color, interesting that the buttons (dark grey/black) are plastic on these, not MoP. not a big deal but you'd think BoO would have sourced some smoky grey MoP to keep the material level the same across all their shirts

also got my Dry Bones "red-D" jeans from Self Edge....great fit from hips to leg, perfect. The waist feels a bit tighter than their website lists, but I was able to button them and am waiting for the 1" stretch that occurs over a few weeks. Right now I'm def muffin topping it a tad and my balls ache [​IMG]

Are you sure they're plastic? I have a couple of shirts from this season (Prince of Wales, Plum, and Brown Tartan) which have very clean plastic looking buttons but after examining them more closely I determined that they were the best plastic buttons ever or they were very clean MOP.

8. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

- Got my Filson small carry on today. The bag is incredible. The leather feels sorta stiff/dry(?). Should I condition it with Obenauf's LP?

- Got my j.crew plaque belt. Very underwhelming in person (the buckle feels cheap) but it does the job.

Still waiting on my CDG wallet and a Mr. Olive distressed belt in black.

9. Get Smart

Are you sure they're plastic? I have a couple of shirts from this season (Prince of Wales, Plum, and Brown Tartan) which have very clean plastic looking buttons but after examining them more closely I determined that they were the best plastic buttons ever or they were very clean MOP.

tbh, I only took the one quick look, but I'll take a closer one tomorrow when I wear it. But my first reaction was they seemed plastic since it didnt have the usual "cold" feel to the touch that MoP buttons always have

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

tbh, I only took the one quick look, but I'll take a closer one tomorrow when I wear it. But my first reaction was they seemed plastic since it didnt have the usual "cold" feel to the touch that MoP buttons always have

That would be pretty weak of BoO to use plastic buttons, even my Theory shirts have shell buttons...

11. Get Smart

I just took a closer longer look, I'm nearly positive these are plastic buttons. They don't have the slightly cool feel when you touch em, and they dont make the typical "click" sound when tapped against each other. Maybe they are MoP and my powers of recognition are poor, but having a lot of shirts with MoP buttons I'm pretty sure in my ability to figure it out and these scream plastic.

12. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

I just took a closer longer look, I'm nearly positive these are plastic buttons. They don't have the slightly cool feel when you touch em, and they dont make the typical "click" sound when tapped against each other. Maybe they are MoP and my powers of recognition are poor, but having a lot of shirts with MoP buttons I'm pretty sure in my ability to figure it out and these scream plastic.
    I have the same shirt in brown and suspected that the buttons were plastic...

13. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

you just helped make my decision on not purchasing that shirt. at that price-point even with a discount i would at least expect MoP buttons, i am gonna go for my second choice and cheaper alternative, thanks for the info...

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Do you know, I was considering buying that jacket; however, I felt that the zipper was rather shoddy for the price.

Most of the newer stuff is cheaply made with poor materials relative to the price point.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

More pickups for the fall/winter [​IMG] APC NS, Rag and Bone RB11, CPs [​IMG] gilty Have a few weddings to go to these next two months: [​IMG] RLBL tie and KW linen pocket square

16. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

There used to be another thread where this group of people congregated to talk about clothes but i forget. But, cali guys, what is info on fred segal sale. I heard there is nice stuff (ymc, ervell, ndg, w&h, cloak, enodovera, obedient sons, opening ceremony. You guys go yet? Is there a thread on it i'm missing that you guys talked about it in secret?

Few price/stock questions if you guys went on items if you remember:
    -Opening Ceremony canvas black laceups in 44?
    -YMC cropped trousers?
    -Common Project dress shoes (lace or no lace) in 43s?
    - What ndg, obedient sons and ervell is stocked?

17. keykoo

keykoo Well-Known Member

Most of the newer stuff is cheaply made with poor materials relative to the price point.

Gotta agree with you there. When I tried on the jacket I was like wtf walmart brand zipper...

But the wool is allright (nothing spectacular) and the price point is a lot less than other contemporary designer brands so in my opinion it seems to be priced accordingly (1200 for a coat versus 2000 for Jil Sander)

18. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Polo chambray western from the bay
    [​IMG]

19. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

Here is 6 month's worth, all my streetwear purchases since April. Went on a bit of a Belstaff Trialmaster binge:

Early 50's:

[​IMG]

60's:

[​IMG]

Early 70's:

[​IMG]

They look redundant but actually they all fit very differently and go with different things. I picked them up on the cheap too.

Rag & Bone anorak:

[​IMG]

Cucinelli heavy cotton fisherman's sweater:

[​IMG]

Zanone coarse cotton sweater, feels like linen:

[​IMG]

RRL chambray shirts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Flat Head 3005, I'm super stoked on these:

[​IMG]

Replacement pair of Earnest Sewn Fulton 50:

[​IMG]

Earnest Sewn Hutch in 'Dark Worn'. Great wash, it reminds me of the old PDC 1 year wash, but executed better:

[​IMG]

The Alden shell cordovan Indy boots I ordered came in:

[​IMG]

The Flat Head wallet and Skull rein, I replaced the leather cord with a braided bolo cord:

[​IMG]

Mosley Tribes Enforcer in Silver/Midnight and Gold/Amber:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ralph Lauren Collection belt:

[​IMG]

And I'm awaiting what should be the ultimate belt from Unlucky, handstitched double-thick horsehide:

[​IMG]

20. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Well-Known Member

It is an understatment, but very nice!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.