1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Engineered Garments x 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anonymous Ism
    [​IMG]

first issue of the "magazine for city boys," summer 1976 (reprint)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    15 people like this.
  2. Lacker

Lacker Member

Nice floral shirt from A Kind Of Guise !
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

Padrones

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16 people like this.
  4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

@MaiLam Those are very nice.

5. 42LONG

42LONG Well-Known Member

more info on these?

6. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

bright orange sock darts. yolo.

3 people like this.
  8. acularw

acularw Well-Known Member

Mind if I ask about size/fit? It seems like JPN 27.5 = US 9.5-10 = 42/43 which is what I wear depending upon brand. I see some different conversions on JPN sizes so I am curious. I love these back-zips in the brown/red color. The short side zips are pretty nice too.

9. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

I'll let you know when they arrive, which should be at the end of next week. I'm a 43 (but a 44 in Nike), so I'm guessing their confusingly named '42' will either just about fit or might be a bit on the tight side, so the plan is to leave them with one of my bigger shoe trees in for a few days if that's the case.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

where can i buy a sock dart shoes

11. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

They are general release and I think you can even Nike ID them. Should be easy to get anywhere.

12. JSAN

JSAN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put some ripple soles on the bottom?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    3 people like this.
  13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

The sock darts are great. I tried to get some for my girlfriend as well but failed to size right. The standard men's colors are not amazing, but I've been needing a pair of bright orange shoes since my flyknits died.

14. colabear

colabear Well-Known Member

Being inspired by AlgisLT's blue jeans & white tee look got me searching for espadrilles and a statement necklace

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Ragechester

Ragechester Well-Known Member

who makes these?

16. JSAN

JSAN Well-Known Member

Dior Homme, not sure what season. Shout out to Zenmarket!

17. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Managed to snag a pair of Nonnative traveler trainers from the Coverchord sale.

Brief rant:

My credit card company has a tendency - albeit an unpredictable tendency - to flag international transactions made with my credit card. Okayama Denim and End Clothing go through with no problem, but Matches and apparently Coverchord are potential cause for alarm. I figured there was a decent chance that they would deny the transaction, so I thought I'd be smart about it and call them in advance. I specifically told them the name of the store, the day I would place the order, and a rough estimate of the dollar value of the transaction. They say no problem, they'll let it through and call me if they have questions, and I wait until the next price drop and then try to place my order.

Here's where things could have been better on Coverchord's end, recognizing that I'm probably reading a less-than-stellar translation from Japanese to English: I try to place the transaction, and I get an inventory error message that appears to tell me that my size is out of stock. The product listing still shows size 4 as available, though, and allows me to remove it from my cart and add it back. I keep retrying the transaction, hoping it's a technical issue with the web site that will get resolved. I still can't get the transaction to go through, so I give up and go to bed.

The next morning I check the web site, and size 4 still appears to be available. I give it another shot with the same result. This time, however, my credit card company finally calls me and asks about the transaction going through, which they had blocked. I tried to explain the ridiculousness of the situation, and the rep tells me that the hold they placed was automatic and there was essentially nothing they could do. I'm pretty sure she never acknowledged seeing any notes on the account related to my call the day before. Regardless, she says they'll remove the hold, I can try my transaction again, and this time it finally goes through.

Overall I think it's a good thing that my credit card company tries to flag sketchy-looking transactions and prevent credit card theft before any charges are racked up, but it's kind of bullshit that I made a request, they said they'd honor the request, and then exactly the thing I was trying to prevent from happening happened anyway. They have a process in place for travel plans so they don't freeze the card when a transaction from a different city shows up, so why shouldn't the same thing be possible with overseas online transactions?

3 people like this.
  18. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

Barny Nakhle

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    4 people like this.
  19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

This sounds like capital one, no use calling ahead.

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

The only statement that necklace makes is that you're a victim.

2 people like this.