1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

MrP, but Understudy also has it. I have a few of the wool cashmere knits, which are great. They are pricey at retail, though! I remember MrP had some previous season versions for $70 at the end of last sale season...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

The 100% cashmere saddle necks are pure decadence, softest knits i've handled really. I used to get them from Inventory, but unfortunately pretty hard to find at an edible price these days.

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Fit me well - waist stays up without a belt and I don't feel restricted anywhere.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  4. Ragechester

Ragechester Well-Known Member

I size my denim and pants the exact same way @OccultaVexillum with 33 for denim and 34 for pants, mostly because eu50=34. If your true waist is 33 then thats sizing your denim normal and sizing up for pants, which I generally have to wear belts with. As long as they fit in the thighs and I don't have to wear a belt, but its also not contrsitcting when I sag them then thats a good denim fit whether its sized to the correct number or not. So your logic makes sense to me

Those Japan Blues look like a better cut, more tapered, 3Sixteen st120x, psyched to see how they fade for you guys

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Fair enough, though I completely do not understand the "no belt' thing. I feel that all jeans are slightly restrictive in the crotch, just because of the nature of the material, unless they are super loose (like my RRL straight lows, which are not very low at all, and very roomy, even sized down one to a 32.)

Also, kindly get the grailed reference out of your sig. You can put your Styleforum B&S page, but not grailed. Thanks. This goes for everyone.

1 person likes this.
  6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I wear belts with dress pants, but I just don't like them. They only add another of stiffness and awkwardness and are never comfortable when sitting. I have one Geller belt and even that doesn't make me "like" it enough to wear unless it's a necessity.

I'll get the grailed link out once I get on a desktop.

7. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

...you're welcome?

PBJ actually had a little more of a taper. I literally couldn't get my foot through the hem on a pair of size 28s. I tried on a pair of these (albeit in a different denim), and a size 29 was a little tight at the leg opening but not disastrously so.

According to all sources, these will fade pretty slowly; the thread is "cheese-dyed" rather than rope-dyed like normal indigo raws, so the thread should be more saturated, Also, they used a sulfur-based indigo that should fade a little slower regardless.

Japan Blue Group owns the Momotaro and Japan Blue labels as well as Collect Mills (denim mill) and Rampuya (dye house).

Basically this, although in this case the leather patch was dyed indigo, which I think is kind of a cool nerdy detail.

I'm hoping at some point they come out with a version of these jeans made with the indigo warp / black weft monster denim.

Probably not a ton since they're sanforized, and comparable to what you see in the size charts (maybe less if you only wash them in cold water). They'll fade kinda slowly regardless (see earlier comment). If there's much starch in the jeans, the one-wash will get rid of some of that. You'll lose some of the raw denim feel, but it can potentially extend the life of the jeans a little because there won't be as much abrasion right off the bat. IDK, I went with raw because given the choise I always opt for raw. Always. :smarmy:

8. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

that's how mtv shows are made, nwi

2 people like this.
  9. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Frank Leder Deutschleder jacket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18 people like this.
  10. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Nice. Hope you beat it to hell. Love the buttons too.

11. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I'll do my best :) Thanks for the sizing advice.

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Margaret Howell roll neck sold out in my size :(

13. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Yeah, they seemed to be selling out fast this time. Previous years, they stuck around for a while. I'm bummed that I missed out on the MH hand framed rollneck (that was only on the MH website) that popped up on grailed a while ago.

14. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

dana lee

i want the waffle leisure jacket so bad now

13 people like this.
  15. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

hell yeah found this on groiled just as i made that last statement, dana lee

14 people like this.
  16. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

Anyone knows whats up with Dana Lee these days? Doesn't seem to have been any FW15

17. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

She seems to skip some seasons for whatever reason, and not necessarily consistently.

1 person likes this.
  18. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

Devoa cotton/washi

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  19. stylexchangemtl

stylexchangemtl Well-Known Member

What material?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  20. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member