• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out the extra 20% off at Nomad artishard, ya dick

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

man i don't get it. looks like a watch.

I'm not a watch wearer and I understand where you're coming from, but it's also kind of a testament to how iconic that design is. If you ask somebody off the street to imagine a watch, they probably think of something like a submariner.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My problem with watches is that you don't have to go far to find a dude with no taste and a mid-level desk job who wears a $5000+ watch as a status symbol. I don't want to be associated with that.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent purchases: new apartment in Tokyo, furniture, and about $600 worth of curtains (which have yet all to arrive)

Come visit, I'm working from home for the next 14 months and will be lonely

tvF2Yrfl.jpg

D6ePbU3l.jpg

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curtains man. No one told me how much curtains cost before I got a house with windows. **** curtains. Those look nice though.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My problem with watches is that you don't have to go far to find a dude with no taste and a mid-level desk job who wears a $5000+ watch as a status symbol.  I don't want to be associated with that.

What happens when you replace "watches" with "fashion" here?

It's a little silly to dislike something just because of association. But I suppose we all do this to some extent.

Last edited:

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My problem with watches is that you don't have to go far to find a dude with no taste and a mid-level desk job who wears a $5000+ watch as a status symbol.  I don't want to be associated with that.

This is everywhere and could be said for many, many things. You are going to be a very lonely guy if you're trying to isolate yourself from anything associated with wealth.

In regards to the Rollie,............."even people who know nothing about watches know what a Rolex is". There definitely is that correlation........a lot of people I know even consider it an accomplishment to 'be able to afford your first Rolex'. At the end of the day though, the sub is a solid watch that will last a lifetime. If you didn't have that fondness already in place, I'd definitely suggest some cheaper alternatives, but it seems you've got your mind set.

All 'luxury' watches are overpriced, outdated wrist jewelry, but if it makes you happy, go for it. I know I love my Panerai.....and people give that brand just as much flack for a different set of reasons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads