1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I'd wear actual service boots or say an old jacket but not insignias or identifying stuff, that's just me though, not trying to make it a universal thing. I'd also wear a bleu de travail but not with a name tag/factory identification/etc., same principle.

Now the only military thing I wear is an old F2, I'm not much of a gear queer and people in full anime military cosplay make me a little bit uncomfortable although I like it in pictures:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    4 people like this.
  2. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

Although I differ from OJ in that I prefer Visvim 73 folks for something like this, the Nonnatives are nice. The slim shaft, upturned toe, materials make it pretty different from an actual military item. They will go well with El Bert's stuff (and Belleville's would not).

I think its easier to appropriate when the stuff is obsolete, like older military boots are cool, look at spacepope's. I'd wear Belleville's, but only for a decent looking trekking / beater boot, not really for fashion.

3. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

well, yes. but it could've been just one zipper, like on any other boot.

4. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

While I do like the Visvim Virgil when these nonnative came out, but back ln-cc carried them, I loved them. I liked the bigger toebox area compared to the Virgil's and also they're higher boots. But if visvim ever were to make the patrician without the brogue I'd be all over em. I ended up getting the Nonnative for $203+shipping off rakuten which is a lot cheaper than ln-cc 2011 full retail at like $1500.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Is coverchord still the best place to buy Nonnative? And is it run by the nonnative people (by far the biggest selection), I've only ever ordered from nth American stockists but there's so much good shit on Coverchord.

6. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Well-Known Member

Yeah, use From Japan and order the shit out of it!

7. ambyance

ambyance Well-Known Member

coverchord can ship directly to US. there are other japanese sites that sell NN but not as big of a collection. nn pieces in us shops tend to be overpriced sadly

edit: they ship to "north america" so I think that includes Canada?

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  8. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Well-Known Member

9. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

Wanted to wait until I was sure I had these to post them... delivered yesterday. :)

Jack Purcell's
    [​IMG]

MHL
    [​IMG]

Also, not clothing, a 2003 Honda Civic. Nothing fancy, but it's huge step up from having no car at all. Hello weekend getaways!

5 people like this.
  10. ambyance

i got the MHL shirt too. cant handle the boxiness :\

11. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

It's a bit much but mine looks great under another layer. If you picked up an L, I might take it off your hands. :)

12. ambyance

unfortunately, its an XL. my unionmade order is going on grailed later haha
    the orcival boatneck shirt doesnt really fit me well either

13. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Another Esk knit, a Guernsey. Kind of impossible to see from the photo. Can't get enough of those camel hair knits.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    2 people like this.
  14. geoloop

geoloop Well-Known Member

7 people like this.
  15. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

Picked up a Nike Tech Pack fleece hoodie, pants and crewneck sweatshirt at an outlet. Been waiting for them to drop in price here since they came out. Very comfortable and I like the athletic fit.

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  16. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

So, it's too big. Like, possibly irrevocably too big.

BUT! I have a tailor who has proven before that he can slim shoulders, so maybe I will have him take half an inch off each side, which should be sufficient to get it "into spec." Taking in the body should be no problem and other than the shoulders being just a bit too wide I think it could be made to work for me pretty easily.

Tell me not to. Tell me if it will ruin it. Otherwise I'm tempted to give it a shot. This is a really cool blazer. Tie is YSL as well.

Also working on a collar design that is less spread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Type 1 selvedge!

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

SVB for real don't do it.

Sell it to miran so he can wear it on a fancy date with his wife and repair his marriage.

Also, Margiela loves that style of cut, so maybe try Yoox for something cheapish in your size?

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Sapphire ring for my wife for our upcoming 10 year anniversary. Also, hotel reservations.

Also, gearing up to do a photolog at Viberg in June, about the same time @Synthese is in Japan doing whatever stories he has planned. Will probably also do a "3 days in Vancouver" story. Any stores you guys want me to see? I usually do Roden Gray and Haven, and sometimes Gravity Pope. Brooklyn Clothing Co and Neighbor will also be on my list this time. Anything else, guys?

1 person likes this.
  20. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Vancouver eating > Vancouver shopping