1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

thanks for the info reedo! would love a pair of brown leather side zips from them at some point.

3. tonecrush

tonecrush Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Just came today. I'm not sure what I'm going to wear with them as it's quite hot at the moment.

3 people like this.
  4. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Well-Known Member

Just wanted to put in my experience with Story et Fall--I bought one of the last remaining cemented sole sidezips. Within two months unfortunately there were some quality issues, as the shank came loose or something and the damn thing squeaked like hell when I walked.

The guy was incredibly helpful, and offered me a pair of the new goodyear welted version in a custom make if I wanted to pay the difference, or just another pair of the same boots once they started production (he told me early March), so I decided to get another pair of black sidezips in suede.

5. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  6. Takai

Takai Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Didnt really need another Harrington, but this one I'd been eyeing for a long while. Julien David
    [​IMG]
    First Viridi-anne piece, and I have to say, it feels much more versatile than I originally thought.

1 person likes this.
  7. thewho13

thewho13 Well-Known Member

@Spacepope and I met up a couple weeks ago, and I wound up popping his Barney's cherry at Copley Place. I was sorta surprised to learn he'd never been to one before, but it makes sense after you think about it for a bit. After all, wtf exists in the Colorado wastes besides devil goats, flax-seed-powered cyborgs, and an 8' tall shearling-fetishizing weeb???

Anyway, our resident droopiest flim-flammed his way through SLP biker jackets and RO leathers while I tried on pretty much every single Barena piece I could find. The fabrics felt incredible, and the fit was definitely cut to my jib if you know what I'm saying. I left the store with a really, really kickass Helmut Lang jacket (I'll post a photo once I get some free time during the sunlight hours this weekend), but I couldn't get Barena out of my mind.

Fast-forward a week and a half later, and I'm blindly scrolling through Yoox (of course) for no good reason. Lo and behold, I come across a ludicrously cheap Barena jacket... and now it's hanging in my closet. It is the loveliest. Here's a mirror pic with shitty lighting. I am satisfied.

[​IMG]

I'll post about spacope and who adventures at some point if anyone's curious to know what the dude is like/ what we talked about/who on SF we'd fuck-kill-marry.

And to those of you I owe PMs: I will respond. I've been incognito for a while, but hopefully that'll change soon!

27 people like this.
  8. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

looks good man, have you tried harris wharf london? to me the fabrics are even nicer/more interesting than barena

MA+ reverse camel derby
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    16 people like this.
  9. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

@spacepope was in boston and didn't tell anyone... :(

10. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

I'm mad I wasn't invited.

Anyways, Barena rules, especially when you can get it for cheap on yoox. Nice buy!

11. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

@thewho13 How'd you size that Barena jacket? Want to get the Slanega....

12. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Margaret Howell moleskin trousers. I'm trying something a little more narrow...

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

@spacepope may have been in one Boston, but it was likely not the same Boston in which the rest of you exist.

8 people like this.
  14. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

spaceboston

1 person likes this.
  15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

"The Sprawl"

1 person likes this.
  16. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

"Boston-Atlanta Metropolitan Axis"

2 people like this.
  17. boned

boned Well-Known Member

18. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

I have on my calendar that I was scheduled to meet 'pacepope when he was in NYC but the only memory I have from that day is drinking some red colored juice that stained my lips...? And now my business cards simply read "mentat"??? And my eyebrows are getting crazier by the day?????

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    7 people like this.
  19. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

I have only met his whackier, freewheeling, hippy-dandy cousin, spacedeacon.

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

how much for trous ziss?