• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought one of the F/W wool blazers and had issues with fit as well. I wanted to wear mine more as a piece of outerwear, so I sized up to a 52. Chest fit well, but was too big everywhere else. I exchanged it for a 50, and while it looks really good, the armholes juuuuust high enough that I've only worn it a couple times. Probably gonna be listing soon.

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Have the sides taken in or return it. It's always better to pay to take something in than suffer a garment that's too tight in the shoulders/chest.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. It was a little pricey so I might end up returning, but I've been looking for this one for years

this is the drksdhw repro no? Wouldn't put it past MyHabit to mistag, but was too pricey for me and I didn't look too closely. IIRC The original was FW08 mainline in moleskin and had buttons instead of snaps.

Great pickup regardless, sure I'll be kicking myself for passing come next fall

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hoping this is going to fit, I've heard it fits rather oversized...

nice ma1 who makes it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Margiela 5-zip (I think that the official name is the Rider, or the single rider) seems to be a pretty easy fit for anyone. I mean, there are some stupid ways to style it (see Mr. Porter), but I mean, how hard is it to put on a tee and a pair of jeans?

Cheers,

Fok.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is the drksdhw repro no? Wouldn't put it past MyHabit to mistag, but was too pricey for me and I didn't look too closely. IIRC The original was FW08 mainline in moleskin and had buttons instead of snaps.

Great pickup regardless, sure I'll be kicking myself for passing come next fall

It is, and the FW08 was the real grail for me. Doubt I could find one in wearable condition at this point, really regret passing on it a couple times in the supermarket.

And I agree with fok, the 5-zip doesn't seem like it'd be especially hard to pull off, it's just a moto jacket with a cool zip detail at the end of the day...

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Margiela 5-zip (I think that the official name is the Rider, or the single rider) seems to be a pretty easy fit for anyone. I mean, there are some stupid ways to style it (see Mr. Porter), but I mean, how hard is it to put on a tee and a pair of jeans?

Cheers,

Fok.

I don't know about earlier iterations, but mine actually says "5-zip jacket" on the tag.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the current pre-S/S '13 5 zip and, unless I didn't look in the right place or simply forgot about seeing it, didn't see any tag inside that said "5-zip" anywhere. IIRC mine is from line 14.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the current pre-S/S '13 5 zip and, unless I didn't look in the right place or simply forgot about seeing it, didn't see any tag inside that said "5-zip" anywhere. IIRC mine is from line 14.

Mine is a limited edition which is why it has that tag. It's on the left-side inside pocket.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Everyone here kept calling it the rider or some **** a few years ago and I had to constantly correct them to 5 zip. Nice to see my dedication paid off.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have been in need for a new wallet for a while, but I prefer to get my stuff on sale so have been holding out until I found something nice in terms of both price and quality, et voila, found this at 70% off
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics