• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's weird, this distinction between 'supplements' and 'food' people fry to force on things. Everything's a milkshake once it reaches your belly.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you talking about fw12 cdgh+ hat yeah I tried it on at dsm it was just too big fit fine but too much hat which is what kept me from the yohji mountain one this past winter

I've seen some Borsalino ones not too dissimilar to the Ann

It was this one. I needed a smaller size, but it ended up looking too much like a cowboy hat anyway so I didnt bother.

I'll check our Borsalino. Thanks.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ann D

Ordered two different sizes since I wasn't sure how it would fit.
The 44.5 is too big for me and will be going back unless someone here wants it.
WIl fit a 45 or so. 310 + shipping. PM if you're interested.

FML, I just got the size 44 and it didn't fit either. Felt just as big as the 44.5.

I think I would've needed to size down 1.5 or something crazy like that. Seriously don't understand why designers make random sizing like this. It's one thing with tops being meant to be worn oversized or whatever, but with footwear it seems like they just want to **** with their customers.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced that anyone who thinks Ann footwear runs TTS has weird feet :|

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as the owner of 4 pairs of ann footwear, i would say that it can fit tts. my sneakers do, albeit a bit on the snug side. my grey boots fit pretty tts as far as i can tell too. but there is a lot of inconsistency.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tts ime as well, no idea where the fitting large idea came from

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@ Hendrix: not all proteins are created equal.  The same amount of physical protein in a whey tub verse a farm-raised chicken verse a wild deer will be wildly different in terms of effectiveness, purely because the latter has literally hundreds of different proteins (wild animals will consume hundreds of different plant types while even a grass-fed cow from Whole Foods will still only consume a handful).  I can dig up the relevant study if you're interested but I'm having trouble finding it since it's been like 3 years since I read it.

sorry mate, but you don't know what you're talking about here.

we don't absorb "hundreds of different proteins", we absorb 20 different amino acids. And whey protein has a very good amino acid profile.

If a cow couldn't get all the different amino acids it needed for growth, then, well, it wouldn't grow. As it happens, cows don't need to worry too much about which amino acids they eat because they have gut microbiota that convert the different amino acids so they always get a full quota.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry mate, but you don't know what you're talking about here.

we don't absorb "hundreds of different proteins", we absorb 20 different amino acids. And whey protein has a very good amino acid profile.

If a cow couldn't get all the different amino acids it needed for growth, then, well, it wouldn't grow. As it happens, cows don't need to worry too much about which amino acids they eat because they have gut microbiota that convert the different amino acids so they always get a full quota.

Yeah I sort of butchered that, I had some time this afternoon so I looked into it a little more:

Quote:
This is what I was thinking of, I think I was confusing fats with protein or something but I still don't remember the exact details. TL;DR hunter-gatherers ate a lot more lean meat. I've been out of school too long :(

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

It's weird, this distinction between 'supplements' and 'food' people fry to force on things. Everything's a milkshake once it reaches your belly.

Digestion begins at saliva. End food murder now!

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would really argue that protein shakes are better than a balanced, protein heavy meal, but sometimes you don't have time for a balanced, protein heavy meal post workout and dumping some powder in a shaker is a lot easier. At least that's how I see it. I'll usually drink protein/recovery drink post race at bike races because I generally have to stick around for teammates to race, or at the very least have to pack up my **** an drive somewhere to get food, which can take upwards of an hour sometimes when it's all said and done. When I'm home and have ample time I usually just eat real food post workout.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would really argue that protein shakes are better than a balanced, protein heavy meal, but sometimes you don't have time for a balanced, protein heavy meal post workout and dumping some powder in a shaker is a lot easier. At least that's how I see it. I'll usually drink protein/recovery drink post race at bike races because I generally have to stick around for teammates to race, or at the very least have to pack up my **** an drive somewhere to get food, which can take upwards of an hour sometimes when it's all said and done. When I'm home and have ample time I usually just eat real food post workout.

Not to mention it's cheap too..a protein shake (1 scoop = 30g of protein) only costs about $1/scoop for me, excluding the cost of milk + a banana.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 whole calves, 1 lamb, and 2 goats

I call it Bene's BBS shake :happy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads