1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

Just got the Orlebar Brown Pique Shirt (Like a button down very light polo) - fucking fantastic. Highly recommended for any of you guys looking for something to walk around in while on a beach or by the pool

[​IMG]

Edit: Just wanted to add that FW13 Margiela T's are very nice, the nicest I've handle yet. With a slight U-Neck, fabric feels like a wool or viscose blend. Much softer than previous ones I've handled

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    7 people like this.
  2. jet

jet Well-Known Member

looks more like birthday punishment

7 people like this.
  3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

There's a little place in my heart reserved for birks. a little place.

NDC boat shoes remind me of sf >3 years ago (is that bad?). The tan wash brings on shades of wu tang wallabees for me tho and 70% sealed the deal.

[​IMG]

4. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

I think it's a white person thing? Birkenstocks, I could be wrong and I'm not trying to be racist.

5. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

jet - Weleda "Salt" Toothpaste and Van Doren "Parrot Blue" shoes started my summer off fine.

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ya a big fan of the salt, going to pop into the vans shop and maybe get some mint colors if they have them for guys or some shit

vds ain't bad

used to have some low ndc decks

7. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Summer haul.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some gats to replace my beat up pair. And payment made on ToJ channel quilt bcdr in black lamb.

8 people like this.
  8. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

^what size Siki Im did you pick up?

9. skitlets

Size 1. Waiting on it to arrive. I tried it on in-store and it was a little snug across the back when zipped up. Size 2 would probably be too big.

Got it off farfetch. There's a 20% code off sales items, X20.

10. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

I was debating picking up the size II, size I in Siki Im is getting too tight in the shoulders for me. Can't decide between it and a TOJ MA-1. Oh yeah, and what size did you end up getting in the Schneider (sorry I never responded to your PM)

11. skitlets

^ all good. I went with the Schneider 4 based off the measurements SW gave me. I was deciding the same between the ToJ and Siki Im, and while ToJ is a nice clean take of the MA-1, I like Siki's approach with the lines and cut outs more.

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Didn't buy anything from sale season. Picked up an Epaulet navy suit for work/formal functions. I think I'm done for a while. Today was expensive by my standards (and all navy everything) :embar:

Maybe some more MC stuff (austerity brogues and a truly nice shirt or two).

13. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Rofl.

14. thatguymj

thatguymj Well-Known Member

Ugghh, I had thought I had ordered that SS jacket in size 4, I guess I accidentally choose the size 6. Got it today and it's way too big. Very nice jacket tho. If the 4 doesn't work out for you , let me know.

Also have about 20 items to add to this thread when I get around to taking pics.

:embar:

2 people like this.
  15. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Farfetch doesn't remove VAT like they say they do right? They said it is auto taken off if you're in the US dollar. I compared it to the price of the Euro and pound and it doesn't look like it is.

16. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

^ Looks to me like they do.
    For this for example - http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...riped-sweater-item-10363895.aspx?storeid=9182 - price is pretty much equal to Schwittenberg's price w/o VAT. About a $6 markup from Google conversion, but since that includes all duties (and duties on the sweater would be $60 if marked at full value) I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

Edit: Sorry, I guess I don't know German as well as I thought I did. Looks like buying direct from Schwittenberg does save you $26, but then you're gambling that you can dodge the duty bill. (I think they use DHL?)

(Obviously, the 20% code tips the scale.)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  17. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I thought Schwittenberg's price includes VAT as they are in Germany like most European companies do? I thought most places remove VAT after you tell them you are in another country, I think Oki-ni does it and TBS.

http://www.schwittenberg.com/Nach-Marke/Stephan-Schneider/Grau-braun-melierter-Pullover.html

When you use that sweater and change your location the prices are:
    in US dollars 193.27.
    in British pounds 129.79 ~ 195 US dollars
    in Euros 144.5 ~ 188 US dollars

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...triped-sweater-item-10363895.aspx?storeid=918
    http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...riped-sweater-item-10363895.aspx?storeid=9182
    http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...riped-sweater-item-10363895.aspx?storeid=9182

18. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

Yep, I misread, hence the edit.

19. skitlets

The shop I bought it from is in the US. If you're looking at the Siki Im, VAT isn't an issue. I have no idea what their actual policy is for overseas, sorry!

20. rombocombo

rombocombo New Member

Schwittenberg's prices include VAT. But if you order from non-EU countries, VAT is deducted at the check out. Most European shops do it this way.