1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Glasses are so sweet but inconvenient for people with heavy prescriptions. I bought a new pair of glasses to wear but never even put lenses in it cause contacts are just so much better. I kind of want surgery sometime...

1 person likes this.
  2. Shryke

Shryke Well-Known Member

Interesting, thanks!

3. APK

APK Well-Known Member

That's the thing. I'm now at a point where if I don't have glasses on or contact lenses in, I'd be that guy in the shitty movie who tries to kiss that pretty girl that ends up being a cactus. Glasses wouldn't be such a hangup if I could function like a normal person without them if I didn't feel like wearing them. But I'm not, and I do a lot of things that glasses "get in the way" of, so I'd rather just stick with contacts.

4. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

Well you can always wear glasses if you don't need them, but if you do need them you don't have a choice.

I guess that's pretty "hipster" tho :embar:

5. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

glasses are inconvenient? wtf? i have a pretty heavy prescription and never had a problem. kind of want lasik though, one day..

6. APK

APK Well-Known Member

OK, well let's just say stuff like being out in the rain or snow, lifting weights, exercise of almost any kind, manual labor, sex, being out on a really sunny day (sensitive eyes and need sunglasses), are all vastly better for me with contacts versus glasses. YMMV.

4 people like this.
  7. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Also: driving at night, being anywhere with lots of lights (i.e. a club), being anywhere where there's a big temperature change (the car when it's cold, steamy clubs) which will blind you with condensation...

1 person likes this.
  8. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

I like my glasses more than contacts. And my visions is workable without them.

9. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

are you sure about this? think hard about how well you see yourself in the mirror :foo:

4 people like this.
  10. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

lol you would

11. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

forever trollin'

12. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

My glasses have wooden lenses, so condensation is never a problem

2 people like this.
  13. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Well-Known Member

I wish contacts were an option for me :( 12+ hour days in front of a computer or poring over books means being able to take glasses on and off is a necessity. Hoping my vision stabilizes within the next few years and LASIK becomes possible/not a huge waste of mone

14. tcwalter07

tcwalter07 Well-Known Member

I don't mind wearing glasses at all. I see them as something I can buy and wear like a piece of clothing. Honestly if I were to make the switch to contacts I'd probably just keep wearing glasses with nonprescription lenses because I just really like nice eyewear. The only time I really wish I wore contacts is when I play pick-up basketball games.

1 person likes this.
  15. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

I, like others, had glasses at a young age, and pretty much swore off them forever. Contacts were impossible for me to put/keep in (they would always fall out), so I would squint 24/7. Everyone always though I was mad at them and glaring hahaha.

After another unsuccessful attempt at monthlies (they kept tearing like every 3-7 days while I wore them), I finally switched to dailies and my life is complete. Feels good man

16. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

I only wear my glasses when I drive at night, or need to be able to read the street signs. I just deal with not being able to see things far away clearly, since I hate wearing glasses.

Hope to get my eyes zapped at some point.

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I like how you slid sex in the middle there.

18. 7hills

7hills Member

First post and first pair of CPs. Really happy with them.

[​IMG]

19. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

TC, what are you doing? I actually understand what you wrote.

Since I was three. Couldn't live without them.

20. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

you can just take your glasses off for that, you don't need to see that far