1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Well-Known Member

Just assuming you're not an experienced runner, it's probably worth it for you go to a specialty running store (independent, not Footlocker or Dick's Sporting Goods) and talk to the sales staff and listen to their advice. I'm personally a fan of just training in racing flats/minimal padding shoes, currently have a couple hundred miles on NB Minimus MT110s, would recommend.

1 person likes this.
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

you have to admit they are not as nice as the HTC ones

anyway, these are pretty dope too
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. ExAngel

ExAngel Well-Known Member

will try that out, thanks!

4. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

lol run barefoot duh

1 person likes this.
  5. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I had knee problems until I started running in Frees.

6. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Problem with these stores is that they might steer you towards shoes to compensate for problems. IE I'm flat footed, so I was given super padded, corrective shoes. This is all good and well for heel striking but I eventually learned to run properly. With those shoes, that would've never happened.

1 person likes this.
  7. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

If I forget my lifting shoes (feiyues bought off martial art stores for 15$ a pair and (you get a pair in each colour) Ill have my Brooks Green Silence (runnning) and it feels fucked up trying to dead lift 380lb with your feet, ankle, legs and HIPS tilted forward. So I just to my deadlifts barefoot. (not like the bar is gonna land on me feet with a couple 45s on each side.) Keep in mind this is a private weight room probably wouldn't do that at 24hrfitness or some similar place.

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

now you guys are catching on, you don't need hyper corrective super specialty running shoes like shah keeps preaching (sup kharcoseh) if you get some minimal cushioned shoes like frees and don't heel strike which is not the natural way to run any fucking way

toast which is the htc? sup wit dat lunar sole rfx? can't be nowhere near as flexible as the free right? i just love how that shit feels though there are a couple colorways i got my eye (probably won't pull the trigger at 150 for nikes though)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. CDHagg

CDHagg Well-Known Member

Lol wat?

10. JunyaYamamoto

JunyaYamamoto Well-Known Member

ok so i know these arent nikes, but these new balance 420s are the lightest shoes ever! i dont know what theyre made out of, but it doesn't even feel like im wearing a shoe. it has minimal padding so if u like to simulate barefoot running, these are great.

[​IMG]

these nike vapor trainers are super comfy, and a throwback to the 80s. very supportive and easy 2 run in. if you like to draw attention to your shoes, these are it.

[​IMG]
    okay i know reebok is hardly de rigueur, but hese are more comfortable than the nike vapors! i really like this for running.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

google forefoot running

i was having knee problems with my free 2's until i stopped heel striking. looking to get some softer shoes for longer distances though. probably lunarglides or something, gotta try a few out.

12. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

When heel striking, your knee absorbs the impact, which is no bueno. When striking properly with the mid-foot or fore-foot, your calves do the work, as they were meant to. It's not an easy transition, start with half mile, work your way up, blah blah.

Running sucks (as someone that ran track from middle through high school), I'm going to try biking.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  13. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

do people wear nikes while running or everywhere just like new balances?

2 people like this.
  14. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

HTM not HTC whoops lol

i think these were the three rare pokemons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rarest of them all??
    [​IMG]

In the end they should stay in the gym / active sports. I like wearing them like slippers when running errands

15. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

i never suggested anyone get corrective / padded nonsense that messes up your stride and can leed to other complications because you end up moving like a clydesdale , only thing i did say and stand by is that nike is trash and a good running shoe should go 400-500 miles which nikes will not (ask your local distance runner). i have brooks racing flats i use indoors and gonna get some mizunos with minimalist cushion for outdoors. but if you gonna just do a few miles here and there you can wear anything you want

these guys use sandals and are better runners than most
    [​IMG]

although i do want some nike racing spikes now to go practice 100m :laugh:

1 person likes this.
  16. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Nike Free is 2012 version of NB 420.

1 person likes this.
  17. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR NIKE FREE BULLSHIT!!! I bought a wi-fi stereo thingie and some old factory pieces box to use as furniture you don't see me posting that shit here, go to the health and body fascist section.

8 people like this.
  18. ExAngel

ExAngel Well-Known Member

i've glanced at the book 'Born To Run' and have heard about the benefits of running as close to barefoot as possible. How warriors would run hundreds of miles barefoot. That unfortunately wouldn't work for me. I just want something techy and light to run. Anything will be better than the bricks strapped to my feet (dunks).

19. beowolf

beowolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Rag and Bone
    Nilsson Hiker Boots

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Fuuma will get on board with frees when Margiela replicas them in 2038.

1 person likes this.