1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

are those brown shoes purple label?

Maybe. They came in a purple box.

Picked up a few more Paul Smif socks this week, and on the recommendation/alert of a fellow forumite, a Valentino Tailored Mohair/Silk navy jacket for $150 from yoox.

Was there anything on the Yoox listing that would give it away as Valentino "Tailoring"?

[​IMG]

These are nice. I thought about getting a pair. Good deal.

here's my hesitation: what to wear with them. I keep waffling on the ones I saw in-store at STF.

They're extremely easy to wear, I think. So easy that they are kind of a crutch for dressing well.

2. earthdragon

earthdragon Well-Known Member

Today - Magazines from Tokyo.
    May & June Mens Ex
    June - Leon
    June - Dancyu (my wife reads this) - Super Cool Food Stuff.
    [​IMG]
    Over the previous couple of months.
    C&J Marston in Mink Suede
    Attolini Tie
    10 pairs of Pantherella Socks in varying colors
    Borrelli - white cotton trousers
    4 Barba Shirts
    Chocolate Leather Loro Piana 'Firenze' Leather Jacket
    Some Luggage
    New Coffee Machine (Pasquini Livietta).
    Neat Desk (scanner) for home.
    Choc strap for my BP

3. Warren G.

Warren G. Well-Known Member

100 shipped...alright deal guys? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Trojanman74

Trojanman74 Well-Known Member

you can never have enough backup pair of PAs

5. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

funny thing about, they are not a classic norweger, the model is called "medaillon"

[​IMG]

6. bmulford

bmulford Well-Known Member

Chorse - I only knew it was the tailored line because a member alerted me to the fact. They have several other jackets deeply discounted that may also be of the same quality. EarthD - I stopped by Ian's today and moved the Pocket squares into full view so you won't miss them. They're right next to the cufflinks on the cabinet, next to the dressing "room" area. Lots of Barba, and Attolini silk and linen's - all $29. I picked up a nice barba myself. He also just received 4 racks of Borrelli suits/jackets and a few racks of borrelli/attolini/valentini pants that haven't been listed. Then again, I'd say 60% of what he has isn't listed anyway - so it pays to rummage through the warehouse. Sadly, the Saint Crispins weren't a fit, but he did have some sweet hand-grade Sutor's for $399 in tan with a very nice antiqued finish. Alas, I just bought a few barba linen shirts and a pair of Attolini grey cotton/denim pants.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

Chorse - I only knew it was the tailored line because a member alerted me to the fact. They have several other jackets deeply discounted that may also be of the same quality.

EarthD - I stopped by Ian's today and moved the Pocket squares into full view so you won't miss them. They're right next to the cufflinks on the cabinet, next to the dressing "room" area.

Lots of Barba, and Attolini silk and linen's - all $29. I picked up a nice barba myself.

He also just received 4 racks of Borrelli suits/jackets and a few racks of borrelli/attolini/valentini pants that haven't been listed. Then again, I'd say 60% of what he has isn't listed anyway - so it pays to rummage through the warehouse.

Sadly, the Saint Crispins weren't a fit, but he did have some sweet hand-grade Sutor's for $399 in tan with a very nice antiqued finish.

Alas, I just bought a few barba linen shirts and a pair of Attolini grey cotton/denim pants.

how much were the barba linen shirts? any chance to see a photo of the valentino tailoring posted once you get it?

8. earthdragon

earthdragon Well-Known Member

Chorse - I only knew it was the tailored line because a member alerted me to the fact. They have several other jackets deeply discounted that may also be of the same quality.

EarthD - I stopped by Ian's today and moved the Pocket squares into full view so you won't miss them. They're right next to the cufflinks on the cabinet, next to the dressing "room" area.

Lots of Barba, and Attolini silk and linen's - all $29. I picked up a nice barba myself.

He also just received 4 racks of Borrelli suits/jackets and a few racks of borrelli/attolini/valentini pants that haven't been listed. Then again, I'd say 60% of what he has isn't listed anyway - so it pays to rummage through the warehouse.

Sadly, the Saint Crispins weren't a fit, but he did have some sweet hand-grade Sutor's for $399 in tan with a very nice antiqued finish.

Alas, I just bought a few barba linen shirts and a pair of Attolini grey cotton/denim pants.

Bmulford - thanks for the 'Head's Up'. Looking forward to Wednesday..

9. bmulford

how much were the barba linen shirts? any chance to see a photo of the valentino tailoring posted once you get it?

barba linens were $119-$139. finamore & borrelli are around that price too.

10. binge

binge Well-Known Member

barba linens were $119-$139. finamore & borrelli are around that price too.

Dude, you're killing me. Call it "consulting", but take me to LA on your next trip, mmmkay?

11. bmulford

Dude, you're killing me. Call it "consulting", but take me to LA on your next trip, mmmkay?

Aight.

12. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Linen fedoras.

[​IMG]

13. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

Robin - Those linen fedoras are pretty bad ass. Even I might be able to pull them off. Who is the maker on those and where were they purchased?

14. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Robin - Those linen fedoras are pretty bad ass. Even I might be able to pull them off. Who is the maker on those and where were they purchased?
    I don't know the manufacturer, but they were made in the US for Engineered Garments. Hejfina and Barneys carry them online, and Odin might have some available in store. For reference, a size large is about a 7 3/8 which fits me.

To be honest they're not the best hats you could buy for $100, but if you can get one on sale they're not bad at all.

15. yarnsforth

yarnsforth Well-Known Member

NIce shoes!! What is your US size?

Thanks, and sorry for the late reply - I believe my US size is about 10.75D (I wear a mix of 10.5 and 11).
    With thicker socks and the straps at their tightest (or second-tightest) setting, the 44.5 monks fit me fine, though if I bought another Vass U-last open-lacing type shoe, I'd probably choose size 44.

16. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Linen fedoras.

Very nice. I really like them and will have to look into getting one. They seem perfect for summer attire.

17. pdotjdot

pdotjdot Member

i wish to add this to my recent purchases if someone can help me locate one..

[​IMG]

its from RL 2008 fall/winter collection

if anyone has one willing to sell, please let me know

thanks

18. anon

anon Well-Known Member

i wish to add this to my recent purchases if someone can help me locate one..

[​IMG]

its from RL 2008 fall/winter collection

if anyone has one willing to sell, please let me know

thanks

what, the sweater?

19. robin

robin Well-Known Member

RL loafers from Yoox and GVH. Not bad for $65 each.

[​IMG]

20. Miguel Alvarez

Miguel Alvarez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Some ties i bought last week and i got some wangs as well. You guys know what they look like so i won't post them.
    I'll be picking shirts this weekend and will post it in here