• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought halal kebabs were the best drunk food

About 6 of us came out of a club in the meatpacking district on drunken night and proceeded to inhale about $80 worth of kebabs and hotdogs. Insane

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cabbies drive all over the place: http://nyctaxi.herokuapp.com/

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Yep. Looks like it is going to be disgustingly humid and/or pouring until the late afternoon.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A lot of people are freaking out about this LIRR possible strike like it is going to be the end of the world. I don't really get it. I mean, anybody who lives in Long Island has a car so ******* drive to work. Sure, it might be expensive and annoying, but it is not like there are no other possible ways of getting to Manhattan. Furthermore, I don't know why the management employees don't just take over operations like the Con Edison management employees did during the lock out a few years ago. **** these unions, let them strike.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A lot of people are freaking out about this LIRR possible strike like it is going to be the end of the world. I don't really get it. I mean, anybody who lives in Long Island has a car so ******* drive to work. Sure, it might be expensive and annoying, but it is not like there are no other possible ways of getting to Manhattan. Furthermore, I don't know why the management employees don't just take over operations like the Con Edison management employees did during the lock out a few years ago. **** these unions, let them strike.

AMEN!

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree, let them strike. Honestly, might be a good thing--could finally piss enough people off to force a change.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agree, let them strike. Honestly, might be a good thing--[COLOR=FF00AA]could finally piss enough people off to force a change.[/COLOR]

:crackup:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm meh on Long Beach

prefer the non-populated parts of Jones Beach.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
fair point.

I really like the beaches of Fire Island, but it's a pain. Haven't tried Sandy Hook, and it seem easy to get there, but a little pricey via the ferry.

I'll be in Coney Island this Saturday. Wife is there for an open water swim, so I might as well join (not the swim).

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fair point.

I really like the beaches of Fire Island, but it's a pain. Haven't tried Sandy Hook, and it seem easy to get there, but a little pricey via the ferry.

I'll be in Coney Island this Saturday. Wife is there for an open water swim, so I might as well join (not the swim).

Doing a Fire Island share in early August. The house apparently boasts Air Conditioning as a perk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads