1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Raw Selvage...What happens if you don't size down?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by asyncman, Jul 23, 2013.

1. asyncman

asyncman New Member

Hi,

I see a lot of talk here about having to size down when you buy raw selvage jeans. I'm curious what would happen is you don't size down? I ask because I recently bought a pair of Nudies Average Joe Organic Brown Selvage on sale. Unfortunately they only had my size and not a size down from that. At the waist it fits pretty close (have about of a cm to an inch of extra waist). I like the pants, but they are definitely just my normal size. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep them. I just don't want these jeans to stretch to the point where the waist will fit like a 33 (I'm a 31) or something. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  2. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

In my experience, I only got stretch where there was tension. No tension on waist = no stretch.