1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Raw Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by HitMan009, Apr 13, 2005.

1. reydogg23

reydogg23 Well-Known Member

^ Yeah I thought I was missing something. But I will probably go with the APC english styles...

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Good decision. Be warned - I have heard on multiple occasions that the style is being discontinued, so once they sell out, they're sold out for good.

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

Hitman,
    I second Hermes recommendation for Helmut Lang. They're about the most conventional and conservative jean found on the market today. I have no experience with APC, so I can't make comparisons. Price shouldn't be much of a factor, b/c Yoox usually has a fair selection of HL at modest-great discounts. John Varvatos also offers a similar cut to his jeans... the denim is definitely inferior compared to the major jean companies, but again, I like Varvatos' minimal styling and dark wash. Just cut the tag off the back pocket and you'll be good to go.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

just came back from a rockabilly weeklong festival, which is a selvedge denim haven.

if yer in so cal there is a UK geezer selling repros of the Levis buckleback in raw selvedge denim for $95. needless to say these went like hotcakes at the weekender.

+1 on the Nudie ralf dry selvedge

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

$95 is cheap cheap cheap. Almost as cheap as the $85 I'm asking for the 47's on Buying/Selling [​IMG]

6. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

(Get Smart @ April 18 2005,13:24) just came back from a rockabilly weeklong festival, which is a selvedge denim haven. if yer in so cal there is a UK geezer selling repros of the Levis buckleback in raw selvedge denim for $95. needless to say these went like hotcakes at the weekender. +1 on the Nudie ralf dry selvedge
    $95 is cheap cheap cheap. Almost as cheap as the $85 I'm asking for the 47's on Buying/Selling [​IMG]
    Now, that is some shameful advertising [​IMG] Too bad you don't have a 32x34. .luc