1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rate this Suit Slovakian taylor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cluster2600, Feb 24, 2008.

1. cluster2600

cluster2600 Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I just received my first suit from a Slovak tailor:
    It's a gray suit with a blue stripe, double buttoned. Cloth is Dormeuil Tropical Amadeus super 120's

the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taylor is Mr. Drahos in Bratislava.
    price was 750 euros all inclusive.

I have a question:
    he needed 3 meters of cloth and saturday in Vienna a tailor told me that he needed 3.25 for the vest and 1.5 for the trousers. where is the difference ?
    [​IMG]

2. Cornellian

Cornellian Well-Known Member

The pants look a little long for my taste. If you want that much break (or nearly that much), I would go with cuffs.

PS- I live in BTS too!

3. IGORSEMONOV

IGORSEMONOV Well-Known Member

4. IGORSEMONOV

IGORSEMONOV Well-Known Member

Very big buttons on the sleeve. About pants I agree with the previous post.
    The bottom of a jacket is narrow .
    In general it is not bad

5. Hanseat

Hanseat Well-Known Member

a) The button stance is awkward- it should be:

x --- x
    - x x -
    - x x -

Also the buttons look very high on this jacket but you might have specified that.

b) There's something wrong with the lapel, can't quite put my finger on it.

c) I don't see any cuff- the sleeves look too long.

d) It might be due to the angle of the first picture but the jacket might be too long, I'd need a better picture to tell. Did you not ask for more waist suppression, you seem fairly young (at least the matress on the floor and the iPhone indicate this).

e) Trousers do indeed look too long.

I'm sorry to say but this suit looks distinctly eastern European to me.
    Than again this might not be such a big deal living there or even be socially more accepted than some faux-italian suit.

6. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

x \\ / x
    - x x -
    - x x -

The screen isn't showing this well. What hanseat meant to say is that the top buttons should be offset by 30 degrees or so from the vertical.

The pants are too long, the sleeves are too long and the waist is too narrow (though it looks like you're very skinny. What jumps out at me is that the jacket looks very heavily fused. Does the front seem rigid?

7. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

I have a question:
    he needed 3 meters of cloth and saturday in Vienna a tailor told me that he needed 3.25 for the vest and 1.5 for the trousers. where is the difference ?

Perhaps the Viennese tailor was quoting for single width, and the Slovakian for double width. Also, I think you mean jacket, not vest.

8. Despos

Despos Well-Known Member

He is saying you need 3 meters of cloth for a 2 piece suit, 3.25 meters for a 3 piece suit and you need 1.5 meters for just a single trouser.

9. cluster2600

The pants look a little long for my taste. If you want that much break (or nearly that much), I would go with cuffs.

PS- I live in BTS too!

I agree the sleeves are a bit long maybe a centimeter shorter could help.

BTS ? your a pilot ?

10. cluster2600

Very big buttons on the sleeve. About pants I agree with the previous post.
    The bottom of a jacket is narrow .
    In general it is not bad

you thinks the sleeves buttons are big? i did not noticed that then i checked with another suit and it matched so i don't know...

11. cluster2600

x --- x
    - x x -
    - x x -

Ok i take note of that

Also the buttons look very high on this jacket but you might have specified that.

No i did not specify that i left to the tailor liberties in many fields.

b) There's something wrong with the lapel, can't quite put my finger on it.

same here but i thing its the reinforcement inside.

c) I don't see any cuff- the sleeves look too long.

yes i know

d) It might be due to the angle of the first picture but the jacket might be too long, I'd need a better picture to tell. Did you not ask for more waist suppression, you seem fairly young (at least the mattress on the floor and the iPhone indicate this).

Wrong but almost i am 27 and i used to be in japan and got used to the mattress (kakefuton) on the floor and since i sleep on the floor.

e) Trousers do indeed look too long.

Maybe a bit but i kind of like it this way

I'm sorry to say but this suit looks distinctly eastern European to me.
    Than again this might not be such a big deal living there or even be socially more accepted than some faux-italian suit.

don't be sorry i did post to get some critics good or bad and i am glad you speak your mind.

12. cluster2600

Perhaps the Viennese tailor was quoting for single width, and the Slovakian for double width. Also, I think you mean jacket, not vest.

yes i meant jacket veste is jacket in french sorry.

13. cluster2600

The screen isn't showing this well. What hanseat meant to say is that the top buttons should be offset by 30 degrees or so from the vertical.

The pants are too long, the sleeves are too long and the waist is too narrow (though it looks like you're very skinny. What jumps out at me is that the jacket looks very heavily fused. Does the front seem rigid?

yes the front is kind of rigid, and i am kind of skinny anyway, 70 kilos for 188 cm.

14. Cornellian

Cornellian Well-Known Member

I agree the sleeves are a bit long maybe a centimeter shorter could help.

BTS ? your a pilot ?

I'm an American living here until June... and I'm not a pilot.

15. Mblova

Mblova Well-Known Member

I would hope for more of a "peak" on the lapel, but other than that, the pants are a tad long for my taste, and i prefer 4 buttons on the sleeves. Also i agree that the jacket is narrow in the lower abdomen/waist and the button stance is different. Other than that it seems to fit your body well. Nice cloth.

16. Jawbreak

Jawbreak Well-Known Member

Funny thing, I have the same tailor...... I have been a clients of Drahos for the last 4 years, and can say I am satisfied 100%...... all of my suits have been made to my specific design wants, and alterations made after the suit had been worn a few times. (it took us both some time to find exactly my cut and style)

I highly recomend him, he has great selection of clothes, and price is very fair to the attention he takes.

Drahos takes great attention to detail and pride in his work, he tries to bring a dash of sartorial style to a country where Allain Dellon is high class, and shirt tie combinations make me have not the one nightmare.

By the look of your accomadation we could be neighbors..... Old town??

P.S. I agree that Drahos does cut his pants and sleeves a little long..... put if you tell him he will cut to your desired look....

17. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

The collar of the jacket looks wide on the the hanger.
    Is it snug around your neck or loose? Snug is better.

18. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

Drahos fashion on the web

19. cluster2600

Funny thing, I have the same tailor...... I have been a clients of Drahos for the last 4 years, and can say I am satisfied 100%...... all of my suits have been made to my specific design wants, and alterations made after the suit had been worn a few times. (it took us both some time to find exactly my cut and style)

I highly recomend him, he has great selection of clothes, and price is very fair to the attention he takes.

Drahos takes great attention to detail and pride in his work, he tries to bring a dash of sartorial style to a country where Allain Dellon is high class, and shirt tie combinations make me have not the one nightmare.

By the look of your accomadation we could be neighbors..... Old town??

P.S. I agree that Drahos does cut his pants and sleeves a little long..... put if you tell him he will cut to your desired look....

Hello,

I am quite happy with Mr. Drahos too. HE is a very nice man, we just have a language issue sometimes but he is very patient.

Alain Delon ohh no i am ashamed to be french almost.
    I have a story about that: My collegue was getting married and i had nothing to do so i decided to chit chat about his wedding preparations, and came the moment where he showed me the pictures of his suit for the ceremony.
    He hasked me what i thought about it and i anwered something like "could be better" and he looked at me and said it is alain Delon like it was the best clothes he bought in his life.

tie/shirt you probably mean stribes on stribes once i saw a guy at work he had a suit 2 sizes too big for him with a thin tennis line and he had a stribed shirt and a stribed tie. I almost vomited.

Old town yes, Medena Ulica.

So maybe i'll see you in town.

20. cluster2600

The collar of the jacket looks wide on the the hanger.
    Is it snug around your neck or loose? Snug is better.

Its quite snug and i like ut this way :)