1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rate my fantasy football team

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by DBoon, Aug 31, 2008.

1. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

I forgot to start Quinn. Damn Thursday games. [​IMG]

2. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sucked. Quinn completely sucks. What is he going to do when a team takes away the dump off to the tight end?

3. michaeljkrell

Royal is definitely going ahead of Edwards in my lineup until Quinn shows that he can throw the ball over 7 yards.

4. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

Royal is definitely going ahead of Edwards in my lineup until Quinn shows that he can throw the ball over 7 yards.

My God, I can't believe I talked you out of starting Royal. I'm gonna retire from fantasy advice for this season.

5. michaeljkrell

Don't worry about it. I still think I should be ok. My opponent has Peyton (playing the steelers), Turner, Sproles, D. Jackson, Calvin Johnson & Stallworth. Brees, Gore & AP should outscore those 5 guys.

6. michaeljkrell

Man, I just read where Moore and Henderson maybe still starting for the Saints!?!? I am almost leaning toward Forte now, until we see what actually happens with the Saint's receivers.

7. cheessus

cheessus Well-Known Member

This is funny. So a guy in my league managed to pull off this team.

QB: Rivers, P. Manning
    WR: Boldin, Jennings, Santana Moss, B. Marshall, D. Avery
    RB: Portis, Hightower, Gore, Jones-Drew
    TE: Gonzolez
    K: Kaeding
    DEF: Carolina, Chicago

He is 4-5 about to be 4-6 because he just went up against my team.

QB: Cutler, Warner
    WR: Eddie Royal, Randy Moss, Plax, Chris Chambers
    RB: LT, T. Jones, K. Faulk, Jamaal Charles
    TE: Winslow, Cooley
    K: Gould
    DEF: GB

After last night's game I'm already up 74-14. HA!

8. michaeljkrell

Yeah, that does kind of suck for that guy. Everyone besides some of his WRs have been very consistent this year...

9. michaeljkrell

Didn't need Royal or Forte to win this one. I was most impressed by Colston; it looks like he is back. I think I am going to start Royal & Colston from now on unless Moss and/or Edwards shows something in the next game or two...

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

advice:

trade deadline is tonight. offer is on the table, Santonio Holmes and Marshawn Lynch traded to me for Chris Johnson. This is a keeper league. I'm seriously considering this. Anyone have a dissenting opinion? Is either one of these guys injured?

8-2 In first place, $480 on the line...

11. phreak

phreak Well-Known Member

12. Tokyo Slim

i wouldnt.....

Any particular reason? Gut feeling?

13. BDC2823

BDC2823 Well-Known Member

advice:

trade deadline is tonight. offer is on the table, Santonio Holmes and Marshawn Lynch traded to me for Chris Johnson. This is a keeper league. I'm seriously considering this. Anyone have a dissenting opinion? Is either one of these guys injured?

8-2 In first place, $480 on the line...

I'd pull the trigger. Lynch hasn't lived up to his draft selection yet but he's still a legit fantasy back. Johnson has been a great find but loses touches and red zone attempts to White. I'd actually rather have Lynch moving forward as well and in a keeper league you have a good young rb without much competition for carries to keep for the future. Getting Holmes is just icing on the cake since he is probably better than your #3 wideout unless you have great depth there or its a shallow league. I'd actually do the trade straight up so with Holmes in there, it's much better imo.

14. Tokyo Slim

Actually, I looked at the upcoming schedule for both the Titans and Bills, and decided to stick with CJ.

I think BeastMode is a hell of a back, but he has definitely not quite lived up to expectations this year. Johnson has exceeded my expectations. Looks like I'm gonna dance with who I brought.

15. BDC2823

BDC2823 Well-Known Member

Actually, I looked at the upcoming schedule for both the Titans and Bills, and decided to stick with CJ.

I think BeastMode is a hell of a back, but he has definitely not quite lived up to expectations this year. Johnson has exceeded my expectations. Looks like I'm gonna dance with who I brought.

It's taken you to first so far so no fault in the logic of keeping the team intact.

16. michaeljkrell

17. Tokyo Slim

Who are your WRs?

In that league? Greg Jennings, Santana Moss, TJ Houshmandzadehaadfadfjhafd, Bobby Engram, Amani Toomer.

18. michaeljkrell

It's not worth anything now, but I probably would have made the trade. I would take Johnson over Lynch (just barely), but Holmes is a potential number 1 receiver, if Big Ben could get on target.

19. Tokyo Slim

It's not worth anything now, but I probably would have made the trade. I would take Johnson over Lynch (just barely), but Holmes is a potential number 1 receiver, if Big Ben could get on target.

He'd probably just sit on my bench though. I only start two WR and no flex. Jennings and Moss are my winners - the rest were just bye week filler.

20. michaeljkrell

I guess I was mainly thinking of next year. I think he could overtake Moss for your number 2.