1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Demonoid was shut down by Police: http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/6/3223253/demonoid-bittorrent-tracker-shut-down-by-ukrainian-police

2. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

3. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

can anyone comment on "typical" proportions? ie. at what point are someone's arms qualified as being long? lagrang i remember you commenting on those UK girls being short/having long legs for oly lifters. is there a chart somewhere detailing this or rules of thumb?

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

on vikings owning: agreed.

thanks, torrenting now

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

I am 100% sure the russians have had some studies done on optimal proportions for weightlifting, maybe dreschlers book has something on that too.. nothing that I could find though.

I commented mostly because the shorter chick had long levers in a sport where shorter levers (i.e. shorter limbs, manlets) are an advantage for obvious reasons.

also inb4 some douche points out the many exceptions to this like chakarev or other tall lifters

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  5. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

bought a foam roller and a mini band. Come at me crying whilst humping a piece of foam.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Gotta say, this dieting stuff has taken me pretty close to being a DYEL bro.. but I look better and for the first time in like 6 years actually have a drop from my shoudlers to waist.. i think general Styleforum would approve. Pinder says he's going to take me down to single digit body fat then build me up while remaining super lean...

7. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Well-Known Member

Or some Captain Crush grip strengtheners...

8. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

There are a few books regarding this. Some in Russian, but the one I last saw was in English. I found it on Google Books but dont remember the name..google something like 'weightlifting'

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Congrats amigo. Are you following a specific diet? I'm going to sound like a broken record, but IF is awesome.

10. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I don't get how the fuck IF is supposed to work for people who have jobs and finish work at 6pm. Finish work, get to gym around 7, finish workout at 8 OH NO YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO EAT ANYMORE.

11. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

lift in the morning? eat from 2-10 instead of 12-8?

i agree with your sentiment that it can be a pain in the ass though

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I work on average 80 hours a week including the occasional 30 hour shift and still have made it work.

:)

13. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I usually fast until around noon or 1pm, have a small lunch at work, lift after work, then eat most of my calories after lifting around 7pm. Works for me.

1 person likes this.
  14. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

my fave black metal tee for gym day.

[​IMG]

I have a bathory one too. and psychic tv. and sunn 0))) and earth. I have a killler gym metal tee collection.

15. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

How to wash knee sleeves. Have neoprene ones, been using them for a few months. They smell disgusting. I can smell them even whilst wearing them.

16. Saenek

Saenek Well-Known Member

A sink and some detergent? lawl

17. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

Trust me this doesn't work that well. My rehbands are still stinking after I wash them.

Fuji, use a ton of baking soda and soak em. Then hand wash with some detergent. Might be even worth getting some detergent with enzymes in it to digest the odor causing sweat.

18. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I read IF, but I would think that if you need the extra hour or two to eat food that you would simply move the bottom up a couple hours. I mean, I work 7am to 330pm so there's no sense in trying to hammer what would be my IF schedule into your day or vice versa.

My problem with meal timing that leaves a large portion of cals for after the work out is that I end up with nightmares, getting up to piss 3 times during the night, my body temp roasts me, and generally shitty sleep. At least that is what happens if I eat 1kcal of buttery ravioli. Doesn't seem to happen with PWO meals of ice cream, rolled oats, and a casein drink before bed. Wonder if I'm crazy or what the deal is. The ravioli has 45g of protein and the ice cream route I protein load all day. Idunno...

19. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Buttery ravioli sounds amazing, will have tmrw. So does the ice cream.

20. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Ride the Lightning isn't really a black metal tee. Your boyfriend is tall.:satisfied:

3 people like this.