1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Redwoood

Redwoood Well-Known Member

Every time I go to the gym I get this massive headache on the left side of my. Its really intense and feels like its throbbing and then it lasts for the rest of the day. Anyone know what it is? Couldn't even go to college because it hurt so much.

You should go see a physician about this.

2. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

You should go see a physician about this.

^^This.

Are you straining significantly? Holding your breath?

3. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

No, its not even just when I work out. If I walk up stairs and do anything at all physically exerting it starts hurting. I have to walk really slowly or else it starts. Its worse when I do a bench press or military press, its not too severe when I just do curls.

4. Cary Grant

Walking stairs? Seriously- get to the doctor. Especially if this has been going on a long time.

If it's recent, could be as simple as a sinus headache- but don't trust us phony interweb doctors.

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

That sounds awful. Definitely get it checked out :/

6. 630

630 Well-Known Member

was so excited to lift today after work, and then a plane crashed into my gym.

literally

don't know when it'll open back up. nobody dead though shockingly, just a big hole in the ceiling

7. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

how did the pilot not die?

8. 630

630 Well-Known Member

there is an airport community within a few hundred yards of the gym. maybe 200/300 or so. he was taking off and didn't get enough air under the plane. as a result, stuck it in a vertical extension of the roof in the corner of the building. not like he nosedived from 10k feet or anything.

regardless, i'm still pretty blown away by this myself. must've been a little chaotic when this happened. despite being 12 noon, the paper said roughly 280 people at the gym

9. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

^You'd be amazed how often shit like that happens. I live near a field as well and just last week a plane landed on the highway.

10. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Do we have a thread with a list of exercises for specific body parts? If I start one, will you guys contribute? I'm tired of looking up good or different exercises in Google every week or so.

11. JonB27

JonB27 Well-Known Member

literally

don't know when it'll open back up. nobody dead though shockingly, just a big hole in the ceiling

I saw that on the news... husband and wife in the plane and both survived...

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

I am poor and being a vegetarian is expensive. Checked out the nutrition info for chicken breasts and sliced turkey.

jaw = floor.

You seem to have done well for yourself despite the diet, although as you noted it is the expense of the thing.

13. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Well-Known Member

Do we have a thread with a list of exercises for specific body parts? If I start one, will you guys contribute? I'm tired of looking up good or different exercises in Google every week or so.

Just a guess, but people are going to suggest big compound lifts and tell you the rest are a waste of time.

14. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

Waste of time may not be the good choice of words but you can't disagree than most people should have a routine based on the big compound lifts. You can't go wrong with those.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

That pilot probably realized that he'd missed his bicep curls for the day, so he thought he'd just drop by.

Also, exrx has a good list of exercises listed by bodypart... ofc one has to use a little bit of common sense as to what include in ones program and what not to (absolutely no squatting on the fucking swiss ball dudes).

16. Cary Grant

17. Cary Grant

literally

[​IMG]

18. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

19. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Head aches got worse today, had to go home right away after the gym because of how bad it was. Even if I don't go to the gym it still hurts, but not as severely. Getting high gets rid of it for a bit, but I'm definitely going to the doctor about it soon.

20. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Head aches got worse today, had to go home right away after the gym because of how bad it was. Even if I don't go to the gym it still hurts, but not as severely. Getting high gets rid of it for a bit, but I'm definitely going to the doctor about it soon.

Buff Fuji, poster boy for legalization of medical marijuana [​IMG]