1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

Meh, this argument is really light in the loafers. It really doesn't explain why volume is necessary to be performed with high risk / technical lifts or what the value would even be. Alright, there is some value to a high VO2 max, but there is no compelling argument why one should train it with an Oly lift. I understand it is part of the Xfit Mantra and all, same with kipping.

2. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

http://www.getkempt.com/good-idea/the-denim-trade.php

3. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Well-Known Member

That's fair. The same basic concept works fine with squats/deadlifts. I'd never program high volume Olympic lifts for anyone who didn't have very solid form. Avoiding injury should always be priority number one.

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I don't know if my calves with fit in those and I like the color! I am cursed with giant (18–19") calves and actually have to size up just to fit my legs in slimmer fitting pants. What's the true waist size? I know they tend to run small.

5. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

I'll get you measurements this evening

6. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

When will it be my turn?

7. Tooch4321

Trust me, you don't want 'em. It makes clothing are to shop for at times, not to mention the constant barrage of conversations that start with "I'm not gay or anything, but your calves...", it's kinda like that early episode of Entourage when Drama contemplates buying calf implants and then asked the random dude at a party about his. I am that random dude and you'd be surprised that majority of guys who ask me about them at the gym are black and my usual response is "They're real and they're spectacular!" and that goes right over their heads.

8. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

For aesthetics, I wish mine were bigger, but whatever.

9. stinger70

stinger70 Well-Known Member

Have made the decision to try driving 90 minutes each way to work every day rather than stay in a hotel and eat their shit unhealthy food and use their shit gym and just lose weight all week. Only have to do this for a few more weeks and have a work vehicle so doesnt cost me anything. Its gonna be shit though, i will literally get up, drive to work, drive home, prepare food for the next day, go to gym, sleep.

10. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

11. Tooch4321

I love they way they look, especially now since their super vascular and you can see every little muscle fiber move underneath the skin, but I also love fitting in pants. Here's and older flick, I'm a lot leaner now, but you can see what I am talking about...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. closetmess

closetmess Well-Known Member

This last post and the 983 pages that precede it are precisely what is wrong with SF (nay, the world) nowadays.

13. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Do you even lift phaggot? Oh noez not strong healthy people, they are whats ruining the world.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  14. Kuki

Kuki Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Care to explain...

15. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

cool story bro

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Don't forget your in this for the ladies!! I see true religion jeans and ed hardy shirts all summer long! :slayer:

17. closetmess

Bros,

I lift 3-4 times a week and eat well. I am in the gym every weekday and outdoors every weekend. I just don't post pics of my leg veins. I will also note it took all of one post to elicit a homophobic response, which came as little surprise.

18. closetmess

^This. :)

19. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

lol gtfo you troll pos

20. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Nah skinny jeans, tight as fuck T shirts and plimsols. No girls would be miring baggy jeans and T shirts with ugly designs..

The question still remains, do you even lift?