1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Nearing the end of my first full week off in more than three months. I miss the gym, but feel great with all of this extra time after work every day. Just doing some stretching, brisk walks and no starchy carbs until my return next week.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Lastly, I should mention that I've started training at the 5th avenue gym in Brooklyn (stomping ground of Kai Greene) where everyone there is super hardcore. Spending your rest time watching dudes squat 405 is pretty motivating as well.

Really? I went there for a few months last year. It's pretty awesome. If I lived closer, that would be my spot.

3. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Chiming in on the "take time off" bandwagon. Took about 2 weeks off as I was in between gyms; found a new one and my workout was awesome. No loss of strength, either.

I just want to re-iterate how fucking shitty it is that ironaddict died. fuck.

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

I've become a total convert to low bar squats.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

I've become a total convert to low bar squats.

Agreed, low bar squats ROCK!

Bit of a bummer though, talked today w/ the campus gym manager... he was saying something like banning chalk use - totally not cool. I do know the guy pretty well, so maybe I wouldn't catch hell for using some. Otherwise I just have to sneak it in [​IMG]

6. gvibes

gvibes Well-Known Member

Agreed, low bar squats ROCK!

Bit of a bummer though, talked today w/ the campus gym manager... he was saying something like banning chalk use - totally not cool. I do know the guy pretty well, so maybe I wouldn't catch hell for using some. Otherwise I just have to sneak it in [​IMG]

Try an Ecoball.

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

fasted cardio in the morning and weights at night, i never understood the people who would lift iron at 5am. i have hard enough time getting myself to step onto an elliptical or stair-mill at that time, i can't even imagine trying to squat or bench a decent amount of weight...

8. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Went against the advice and bought some stimulants, they definitely helped. Felt much stronger and less tired.

9. Tooch4321

Went against the advice and bought some stimulants, they definitely helped. Felt much stronger and less tired.

what are you using stims for?

10. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Just took them before I went to the gym because I've been feeling really tired and not motivated to work out lately.

11. Tooch4321

they help, but just remember to cycle on and off of them every couple of weeks, so your body doesn't adapt. i'd only use them on the days that you just don't want to workout or just too tired, i have some buzz saw from True Protein and it's a life savior on days like that, but that's the only time i ever use it though...

12. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

yeah, im thinking 2 weeks on 1 week off or something. Need to order it online, it was stupidly expensive and I had to look all over for it.

13. Tooch4321

what are you taking if you don't mind me asking?

14. Kajak

Kajak Well-Known Member

fasted cardio in the morning and weights at night, i never understood the people who would lift iron at 5am. i have hard enough time getting myself to step onto an elliptical or stair-mill at that time, i can't even imagine trying to squat or bench a decent amount of weight...

Once you get into the habit of doing hard exercise in the morning, you feel like a rockstar for the rest of the day though. Of course, I only did aerobic or anaerobic or anaerobic analactic, never actual weights...

15. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

NO+Elite

When I run out I might try jack3d. People at the gym I bought it at said I should try ephadril pills or something, didn't know what it was though and it came in some dodgy looking clear plastic bottle.

16. virus646

virus646 Well-Known Member

It's ephedrine. It's also used as an EC stack (you gradually mix 20-25mg of ephedrine with 200mg of caffeine 3 times a day). I tried and still use it on a cut, works quite well, especially in the first couple of days where you literally loose your appetite.

The stack is pretty cheap too and easily obtainable (seperatly). Watch out though, if you have an heart condition or having heavy side effects, you should back off and either stop or reduce the dosage. Listen to your body. Otherwise, take it in intervalls of 4-6 hours and not much later than 5-6 hours before your sleeping time as you may have difficulties going to sleep.

There's also an ECA stack which also mix aspirine with epheredine and caffeine but I never tried and would probably won't.

Anyone heard of the HEAT stack from Avant's lab or something? heard it was the ''new EC stack''.

17. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

As I understand it, the aspirine in the stack isn't really necessary, but I digress.

18. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

its not and it can be harmful, eg stomach ulcers. switch it out for green tea extract

19. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

20. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member

+1 on working out first thing in the AM, if I can get myself up early enough...