1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

I got 80kg for like 2 months ago on the front squat. When I do them I usually just put on like 60kg for 8. I prefer zercher squats.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

Cracking how? If cracking happens when you set up, bring elbows/arms back...and the cracking occurs between the scapula or there about, thats most likely tight pecss.

3. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

If I do front squats, I don't go above 5 reps. I find that something like the front squat is a technical exercise and form really starts to break down.

4. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

Doesn't happen so much when I'm lifting and have lots of blood flowing. I notice it most at night several hours after lifting and during the day on off days. Once I'm warmed up there is a little bit of cracking but mostly when I'm not at the gym. It happens mostly if I bring my shoulder blades together or move them around, so perhaps it is tight pecs. Any recommendation for stretches or mobility work that would help reduce crackage? Or other suggestions?

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

Dude, are there sets above 5 reps?

:laugh:

6. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I'm doing Simple Power Based Routine, so weird doing 8 rep sets.

7. Lagrangian

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  8. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

Look up pec minor and major stretches. Do facepulls, Pay attention to posture all day and see if that helps. I work IT so I am in front of a computer all day, terrible for posture. I've noticed that if I come in to work, warm up a bit, then keep my shoulders back/down and keep all upright, cracking does not happen until I lose my posture and spend time hunched over.

9. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Finished all my A levels so I can concentrate on getting swoler instead of studying. Realised the only way im gonna get back DOMS is really high volume, 15 sets on the lats today, back is sore. Also broke a power rack at the gym today. i've realised if instead of DB OHPing on a perfectly straight bench if I do it at like 85 degrees I don't get any lower back pain and can feel my shoulders working better and can lift more.

10. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Well-Known Member

How'd you manage to do this?

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

My job also involves a lot of hunching and I had a tight front to begin with which left me with a crunchy neck. Dramatically increasing my pulling volume fixed it.

12. CodPiece

CodPiece Well-Known Member

I work in front of a computer all day and left work hunched over and aching daily. I switched to a stand-up desk and love it. Between that and lifting, the chronic pain of a traumatic back injury have pretty much disappeared.

13. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't have a standing desk, but I do have a workbench that is much higher up. I've got another computer on that that I use from time to time. Maybe 70/30 (sitting/standing). Need to make it be the other way around..switching computers..now

14. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Rack was a piece of shit. Dong rack pulls with 140kg (conventional stance strength is really weak). safety bars weren't locked in place. Dropped the bar and it somehow managed to bend the safety pin which then fell off and then the bar rolled or something and the rack fell over. Was lolz.

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

A rushed, unfulfilling workout yesterday. To be quickly amended today.

16. Lagrangian

I'm guessing your gym has a lot of bent barbells fooj.. hope you're not really dropping the shit on the pins all the time.

17. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Depending on what we're doing that day, I can be sitting the same seat for 6-12 hours. The gym is a necessity mainly because i get so cooped up. And yeah, my posture can be terrible unless I'm really focusing on it

18. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

I'm a student and I work part time sitting at a desk so I'm sure that negatively impacts my posture. I'm lifting today I'll try to add some pec stretching after I finish and see if that helps. Thanks.

19. Lagrangian

A good stretch is to hug a corner and have your hands in a Y, then kinda lean in and try to relax your shoulders. That works wonders on shoulders/pec tightness.

20. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

wtf is this